LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IMAQ vi's missing

Hello,

I recently upgraded from LV2015 to LV2017 and although I have the Vision 2016, the new installation somehow deleted(?) two useful vi's. Can anyone please upload the:

IMAQ Cast Image

IMAQ imagebordersize

Anyone knows why this happened?

Thank you in advance

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(2,917 Views)

If you are using LabVIEW 2017, you need to have its Vision Development Module installed (is it?), and the 2017 Vision Acquisition Software.  In addition, you need the licenses for these addons.

If you do not have them, and cannot get them, you are probably going to need to "go back to the previously-solved problem", which may present a few problems (it certainly did for me, but it might work for you).  I can think of three possibilities:

1. Figure out what is "missing" from your LabVIEW 2017 installation, which may require installing missing components and acquiring additional licenses.
  2. See if the LabVIEW 2015 installation still works and lets you build working code.
  3. If both the previous possibilities fail, you will need to completely uninstall all NI Software and reinstall the previously-working LabVIEW 2015 system (I assume you have the media).

A note on Step 3 -- "rolling back" a LabVIEW installation, in my experience (and I've done it at least a few dozen times) can be fraught with peril.  The safest method that I have found is the following:

• Open Control Panel, go to Programs and Features.
  • Open National Instruments.
  • Choose the "Remove All" (not sure of the exact wording) option.  It can take a long time (an hour).
  • Reboot (very important)!

With luck, this will give you a "clean" system that you can use to begin to re-install older versions of LabVIEW.  However, I have recently attempted this on two Windows 10 machines (my own, fortunately) with LabVIEW 2017 installed -- I ended up having to do the "Guaranteed Safe Installation of LabVIEW" method that starts "1.  Reformat the C: Drive.  2. Reinstall Windows.  3. Etc.".  For this reason, I recommend that before doing the above "Repair" attempt, you do a backup of your system (I really wish I'd thought to do that, myself) unless, of course, you don't mind doing a complete "rebuild" (actually, my own two rebuilds weren't all that bad, I just wasted a lot of time trying to "fix things" before byting the bullet).

Good Luck!

Bob Schor

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(2,885 Views)

Thank you very much for your prompt answer.

I would prefer if I could find just those 2 vi's rather than re installing the suite -It takes ages!

These two vi's are the only ones missing to get the thermocamera's vi's working.  I no longer need NI Vision's full capabilities so there is no other need to roll back to LV15.

If you have these vi's please upload them. Thank you in advance

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(2,872 Views)

As I interpret my license from NI, I can't "upload" their routines to other readers of the Forum.  You could search your Distribution Media to see if you can locate them, then go up an appropriate level looking for the "Setup" routine ...

Bob Schor

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(2,866 Views)

Even if you could the VIs would likely wrap DLL calls at some point. So then you would need to attach the required DLLs (and their dependencies) and place them in the correct location on disk and even then you would need to make sure you get a license file and license that using a valid serial number.

At that point you are just doing what the installer will do automatically.

Matt J | National Instruments | CLA
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(2,853 Views)