LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I am novice to LabView programming. Any suggestion about the the good programming style will be of great help. Thanks.

I just wrote a small program for reading a ASCII file and writting the numbers to Arrays. Files are enclosed for reference. Any suggestion about the programming style quality or what is the best way for LabView programming will be of great help. Thanks in advance.
Download All
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,424 Views)
I'm home from work today so ... here's my modification to your VI. Use it with you existing data. As you get more exposed to LV's existing tools, you'll discover the shortcuts. No loops are necessary for your task.

Hope this helps.

- Kevin
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(2,424 Views)
If you're interested in good LabVIEW programming techniques, there is an excellent resource for this on NI's website. This link will take you to an article they have posted on their Developer Zone website. I would suggest checking this out. Good luck and have fun!
J.R. Allen
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,424 Views)
Besides the link that JRA gave, there's a couple others here that you might want to look at - Rules to Wire By and LabVIEW Programming Techniques - The Good, The Bad, and the Ugly. Also, one thing I noticed in your sample code, when you do need to use a for loop, you don't need to specify a number to the N terminal when you are autoindexing an array input.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,424 Views)