From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I am experiencing a problem with the beep.vi. I have a DAQ program, which acquired signal and compare it to a threshold value. When one signal is out of range, a visual and sound alarm occurred. I am using the VI beep.vi to generate the sound.

Solved!
Go to solution

I  am experiencing a problem with the beep.vi.  I have a DAQ program, which acquired  signal and compare it to a threshold value. When one signal is out of range, a visual and sound alarm occurred. I am using the VI beep.vi to generate the sound. Everything is working well except the sound alarm. It gives type mismatch 1-D array. I tried to overcome this by putting it in a case structure. But it still doesn't work. could any one help? Please find attached my VI. Best regards to all visitors of NI Discussion Forums.

Ihab El-Sayed

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(2,789 Views)

Thank you for your prompt reply.

I am afraid I found my self put a long text in the question text box. And I thought it might be confusing, therefore i simply decide to put it in a better presentation.

However, your analysis is right. I need to have both audio and visual alarm. My visual is working fine , but I do not know where to place the OR. is the right position after my greater than comparison? or before it? I guess it should be after the greater than comparison?

What about the case structure? you did not mentioned it in your comment? ?? I added type cast to get rid of the broken wire, but it did not succeed in generating voice beeo???

please show me in details where to put the OR?

Thanks

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(2,777 Views)