LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How would I implement an eye diagram graph in LabVIEW

Hi,

I am trying to implement an eye diagram program (as from a scope) using LabVIEW... is there a way I can get the same output/display/result using any of the LabVIEW built-in graph/chart controls? Is there an eye diagram chart/graph in LabVIEW?
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 14
(4,164 Views)
Hi Michael,

Eye Diagram is nothing but an Overlaid Graph. Lets say you are acquiring data and if you took 5 Samples of this data and plotted them on a waveform Graph. You would get 5 distinct values. If you now took the next 5 Samples and plotted them on this same graph you would get the two 5-sample instances overlaid on each other. If you plotted 100 such 5-Sample plots on the same graph you would get an Eye diagram.

I am attaching a Vi with 3 Sample Points which have been Accumulated in 2-D array, The Columns are sample Points the rows the instance when the 3 readings are taken.

How you go about creating an eye diagram depends on your Application - No of Points, No of Samples etc. Also How you are getting your data and Storing it in an Array is left to you.

FYI, The example creates 7 Eyes depicting 8 Levels.

I hope this helps.
Good Luck!

Mache
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 14
(4,127 Views)
Missed the Vi.. Seems like Posting Scrren has a Way to take the attachment out
Good Luck!

Mache
Message 3 of 14
(4,126 Views)
Can you post it as 7.0 format??
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 14
(4,116 Views)
Hi,

Here's Mache's vi in 7.0 format.

Cheers,
Paulo
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 14
(4,109 Views)
If you are planning to accumulate thousands of traces, a graph seems inefficient. You could proably modify my earlier memorygraph example for two-color mode (zero: color1, !zero :color2). (Basically it uses a fixed size array and increments cells according to the data and displays the array in an intensity graph.)

Have a look at my demo VI (MemoryGraph03.vi, LabVIEW 7.0) discussed at the end of this earlier thread. 🙂
Message 6 of 14
(4,099 Views)
Maybe a waterfall chart would work. I can't remember where I got this vi from.
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 14
(4,096 Views)
Here is a Labview pdf I found with google.

http://www.ni.com/pdf/products/us/032753305101.pdf
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 14
(4,090 Views)
Hi Michael,
did you mange get the eye diagram in your labview.

if it works with you, and you got the eye diagram on the labview, could you please help me. becasue i still didnt manage to get the eye diagram in labview.

cheers
muhsen

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 14
(3,846 Views)
Hi Muhsen,

What problem are you experiencing when trying to run this vo on your copy of LabVIEW?  What version of LabVIEW have you?

Post back if you are still having difficulty.

Rgds,

Seamus C
0 Kudos
Message 10 of 14
(3,805 Views)