From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to use cursors on Smith Chart?

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi everybody,

Last 7 days , i was trying to point some markers on Smith chart.

Please suggest any method to implement this. i want to mark some points on smith chart and get data.

thank you,

dg7318

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(2,897 Views)

@dg7318 wrote:

Hi everybody,

Last 7 days , i was trying to point some markers on Smith chart.

Please suggest any method to implement this. i want to mark some points on smith chart and get data.

thank you,

dg7318

labview\examples\picture\demos.llb for an example of using the Smith Plot VI.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(2,872 Views)

thankyou nyc,

I am seeing the demos.llb but nothing is mentioned about using cursors or markers. 

I am plotiing impedance on smith chart. I want to put some markers on the chart. I also want to control the placement of those markers. I wish to get data (impedance and frequency) wherever the marker is positioned. 

Again thanks for ur help.

dg,

the things that seems to be impossible first, after completion gives u real happiness..

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(2,852 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author dg7318

Got the answer, first we have to make the marker (a cross, a triangle or some other shape), then we have to change its location by changing index of impedance array. So for each index the marker will have a specific R and X values, which will be as per requirement

dg7318

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(2,722 Views)

Hi,

I saw this thread and it is marked as resolved. I am also trying to do the same thing and couldn't find anything related from NI. Is it possible to share what you did to place markers on Smith Chart?

Thanks

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(1,030 Views)