LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to rotate image in a vision assistant.

Hi,

I try to rotate the image in the ni vision assistant. 
Only one of the two attached pictures is rotated. I want to rotate like any other image, but I do not know how to rotate the image.

Please let me know if you need to add something to rotate.

Your help is much appreciated. Thank You.

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(3,183 Views)

Like many other Express VIs, Vision Assistant is designed to give you some familiarity with the capabilities of NI Vision.  To do more complicated things, you need to learn to use the Vision functions directly.

Unfortunately, there is not a lot of material out there to get you started.  But you can use the Vision Assistant as an "instructor".  For example, if you can rotate one image using Vision Assistant, you can get it to "disappear and show you the underlying LabVIEW IMAQ code" (you can't go back, but that's not the point -- you want to see, and learn, how to do this yourself so you can try more complex things).

To do this, once you have Vision Assistant set up and doing what you want on your Block Diagram, right-click it and choose Open Front Panel, choosing to convert it to a standard sub-VI.  Open the sub-VI, which will show you the IMAQ functions that are being used.  You can now study these, look them up, check out their Help and Examples, and learn.

Bob Schor

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(3,149 Views)

To rotate an image in Vision Assistant, you need to use the Geometry step located in the first tab.

This step contains the rotate function.

In many cases, it is not necessary to rotate the image to perform measurements on it, though. You can use what is called coordinate systems in Vision Assistant to reposition regions of interests based on the position of your part.

If you give us more information on what measurements you are trying to do in this image, I can give you a quick example on how to do it using coordinate systems.

Best regards,

Christophe

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(3,133 Views)

Thank you for your reply.

I want to relocate sample 2_1 as shown the ROI in sample 1_2..
I have read the manual and have done various things such as setting the coordinate system, but I could not find solution.

I would really appreciate if you could provide an example.

with regards,

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(3,121 Views)