From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to read/convert huge(about 400MB) Binary files(.dat) to tdms

Hi all, I am trying to read huge binary files of about 400MB size using binary read function, but its giving me "Not enough memory" error. It looks like the one of the way I can read the file is to read the data in chunks but i don't know how to split a binary file or read the chunks of data at a time from a binary file. Any ideas?

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Kudos are (always) welcome for the good post. 🙂
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(3,626 Views)

You can read a small chunk of data in a binary file by writing a number to the "count" terminal of the binary read VI.  You can then put those chunks into a TDMS file.

National Instruments
Applications Engineer
Message 2 of 3
(3,595 Views)

hi,

you can follow Scott's step also. another way of doing this is you can split the data file into small small files,see the google to do it.

http://www.google.co.in/search?hl=en&client=firefox-a&hs=1OB&rls=org.mozilla%3Aen-US%3Aofficial&q=sp...

then read the file one by one and put in to save as TDMS format. ..

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Indrajit

| indrajitbarve@gmail.com | indar_indar2005@yahoo.co.in .
Message 3 of 3
(3,578 Views)