LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to make table that will include controls such as drop list?

How to make table that will include controls such as drop list?

I need to create table as Property Browser of ActiveX, that include rows with differnt types such as drop list, color, ...

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 9
(3,900 Views)
I think you will need to look into using an activeX objects for this or you might want to consider building an Xcontrol in LV8 that detects mouse clicks and pulls up an appropriate drop list or subvi specific to that cell's datatype.

Unfortunately, there is nothing native in LabVIEW to let you do this.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 9
(3,894 Views)

See reply #24 of this thread

http://forums.ni.com/ni/board/message?board.id=170&message.id=127096

for an example of using a cluster to do this in LV 7.1 and below.

If I understand correctly (not done reading LV 8.0 release notes yet) this is even easier in LV8.

Ben

Retired Senior Automation Systems Architect with Data Science Automation LabVIEW Champion Knight of NI and Prepper LinkedIn Profile YouTube Channel
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 9
(3,875 Views)
Sorry Ben, but I'm not sure what array sliders have to do with Nadav's post. He is looking to add cell popup selections like listboxes or number edits. This is NOT improved in LV8. Still a very manual process. Good candidate for an Xcontrol though.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 9
(3,867 Views)

Sorry Mike!

That thread talks about using a cluster inside an array container.

The elements of the cluster can be any type including rings and enums.

I must have completely mis-understood the Q.

Please forgive my previous post.

Ben

Retired Senior Automation Systems Architect with Data Science Automation LabVIEW Champion Knight of NI and Prepper LinkedIn Profile YouTube Channel
Message 5 of 9
(3,858 Views)
One other idea for you Nadav is available in LV8. You can make custom right click menus for individual controls and indicators on the front panel. So, you can simply detect where the user clicked and popup the appropriate menu text for that cell. Still manually checked, but easier I think.
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 9
(3,850 Views)

Ben,

if i understand, you mean to create cluster with different elements as numeric, ring, boolean and create array of these clusters. The problem that i want to show only 1 element of cluster, for example in first row i want show boolean, in second row - ring. If i make all cluster elements not visible and only one will be visible, all array clusters will be with same shown element.

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 9
(3,845 Views)

Hi Nadav,

Could you post a quick jpg of what you have in mind?

I'll watch for your update.

Trying to help,

Ben

Message 8 of 9
(3,843 Views)

Hi Nadav,

I figured out where I missed your point. When you wrote

"

table as Property Browser of ActiveX, that include rows with differnt types such as drop list, color, ...

"

I was thinking mixed data-types in a [2d] table!

Looking at the property browser again it looks like no single LV function can do all of that. It can be developed as a pop-up (like the browser is set-up) and then code all of the elegance using an event structure to control the background color of a string indicator while controling the visability of rings that are only made visable when a mouse down is detected. That will get you pretty close.

So no, my previous response ws not correct for what you are trying to do if you want to duplicate all of the wistles and bells of the property browser pop-up window.

Please forgive my distraction.

Ben 

Message 9 of 9
(3,816 Views)