LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to import labVIEW codes to different editor (KitEditor in EA eDIPTFT70-A)

Solved!
Go to solution

I would like to display the processed images of LabVIEW directly into an intelligent external Display. The display is known as EA eDIPTFT70-A with it's EA KIT Editor having following functions:

- The editor itself which allows a simple definition of the macros, pictures and fonts like a standard text editor.
- The compiler which translates the text into the uploading code and shows up syntax error.
- The transmitter which search the right connection and uploads the data into the EA eDIPTFT70-A.

I would be grateful if someone can guide me how to integrate LabVIEW with this Editor having EA Macro files with .kmc file Extension.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 23
(3,128 Views)
Solution
Accepted by enthusiast4

I guess you have to write a driver to communicate with it.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 23
(3,091 Views)

First, find out how the display can receive data over a TCP connection (as a client or server). Secondly, find out which image format can handle the KitEditor macros. In this way, you implement the transfer of data from the program to the Labview of the prepared image via the Etnernet connection.

Labview 4.0, 5.0, 6.1, 8.6, 2009, 2011, 2012, 2014
If you do not know something, ask me.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 23
(3,075 Views)

@Borjomy wrote:

First, find out how the display can receive data over a TCP connection (as a client or server). Secondly, find out which image format can handle the KitEditor macros. In this way, you implement the transfer of data from the program to the Labview of the prepared image via the Etnernet connection.

The device is RS232, SPI or I2C. What to send is described in the manual (page 10).

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 23
(3,057 Views)

M.m.m... I'll have to do a lot of work to make high-grade display support... You can draw controls in the editor, assign variables to them, and pass values through the protocol. And already the display will draw them. The number of teams in this case will be limited to a few pieces. I hope this is obvious. Work with RS-232 is provided via VISA, there is nothing complicated: the string was sent, 1 byte was accepted and, depending on the command, the beginning of the premise with the length took place, then the corresponding amount of data was received.
  The transfer of the image is directly possible, but it will be very slow, on any serial interfaces.

Do you have any difficulties when working with VISA? Or do you choose between available interfaces?

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 23
(3,047 Views)

Unfortunately, I do not have any previous experience with working with VISA. But, I can  learn about it. For e.g, if I write a VI in LabVIEW for RS-232 serial communication but how the EA eDIOTFT70-A Display is going to grab the LabVIEW Images. Unfortunately,I am not able to join the dots of how to connect and make the Interface so that LabVIEW can display the images in the electronic display(similar to how it displays on the 'LabVIEW Front Panel Image Display') .

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 23
(3,016 Views)

The visa part (how to send\receive) is not that difficult. Any example will show you how to init, write and read.

The real concern is that all data is binary, which is more difficult to start learning then ASCII. So to learn data communication (what to send\receive) is the real problem...

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 23
(3,007 Views)
Solution
Accepted by enthusiast4

Here is an example of sending text to the display. Wrote on the documentation for your device. The speed of the port is 115200. If you have another, change the constant. Like, it should work.

Message 8 of 23
(3,003 Views)

I am so grateful to you.Thank you so much. I would be more glad if you can explain the working of the VI .

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 23
(2,997 Views)
Solution
Accepted by enthusiast4

described in the picture

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 23
(2,986 Views)