LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to draw the waveform for Tektronix TDS 500?

Hi,

I am working on drawing the 2 waveform graphs for Tektronix TDS 500 by using Labview 6.0. Does any one have any experience and tell me or could you please provide an example ? Thanks a lot.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 10
(4,289 Views)
Do you mean that you want in LabVIEW to display the waveform that is on the scope? That function is in the driver for the scope that you can download here. If you're wanting to do something else, you could please explain in more detail.
Message Edited by Support on 09-03-2008 09:48 AM
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 10
(4,288 Views)
Hi Dennis,

Thanks for your answer. But the programs download from the website that you provide dosen't work. I compiled my own program, and I just want to display the waveforms of the TDS 520D on my labview program on my computer.

The attachment is my program. Before I use GPIBREAD, I send some commands using GPIBWRITE. The commands is from GETWFM.C download from

http://www.tektronix.com/site/sw/search/1,1058,,00.html?page=3&sort=&mode=search&pcat=oscilloscopes&pseries=tds500&KW=&cname=

But what I get is some wierd codes, neither string nor number. Could you please help me out? Thanks
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 10
(4,288 Views)
Hi:
if you want to get a screen from TDS, you can use getHardCopy.
This sample is fetch a screen from TDS3032B to excel.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 10
(4,289 Views)
You're doing a binary waveform transfer. I don't have a manual handy right now so I can't give you any details on the formatting. I would suggest that you look at the LabVIEW driver and see how it's done there if you can't figure it out yourself from the Tek manual. I wish I could offer you more help but the only TDS500 in the building is being used on a bench setup with no GPIB programming at this time.
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 10
(4,288 Views)
Hi Dennis,

Could you please please tell me how I can transfer binary to decimal? I mean that I can find a labview function that can complete it. Thanks a lot.
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 10
(4,288 Views)
Hi Boone,

Thanks for your answer,and could you please provide a program of labview 6.0? Moreover, could you please provide all sub-vi of this program? Thanks again.
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 10
(4,289 Views)
Like I said, the driver has an example. Look in the VI called TKTDS Read Waveform. It looks like there is a header being parsed out and then subset of the returned string is converted by type casting it to an array.
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 10
(4,288 Views)

Boone wrote:

Hi:
if you want to get a screen from TDS, you can use getHardCopy.
This sample is fetch a screen from TDS3032B to excel.

Attachment GetHardCopy1.vi (42 kb)

Dear Boone,

I've tried to open your VI because I'me very interested about its function (it's exactly what I want !) but I miss some sub-VIs (open excel and make visible.vi, open new workbook.vi, open worksheet.vi).

Can you provide these sub-VIs or telle me more about this?

Thanks 

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 10
(4,087 Views)
Hi all:
I've 2 way to save data from TDS to PC:
1.Get a picture(BMP or JPG...)
2.Get the data(You can save it as excel or txt, so you can see evey point)

If you have any question please give me e-mail: Boone301@126.com
and will come to our QQ group to chart on-line:

¤╭⌒╮ ╭⌒⌒╮
╱-◥?80?80◣ ╭ ╭
︱田︱田田|
Boone Mail:boone301@126.com
QQ:24732458
QQ Group:13267790
QQ Comp: 17756234
╬╬╬╬╬╬╬╬╬╬╬╬╬╬╬╬╬╬╬╬
0 Kudos
Message 10 of 10