LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to convert .ini file to cluster?

@altenbach wrote:

So what exactly do you need at the end?

How is this data used later and how does your array diagram constant fit into the equation?

One possibility would be to build a MAP (key/value pairs)

We really still need to get a better handle on what you are actually trying to achieve with all this.

Is this ini file was generated from a know cluster using some random toolkit, you should be able to read it back into the exact same cluster type using another function of that toolkit. (Sorry, I don't really use third party toolkits!)

While the "scripting ideas" above would allows you to create any cluster based on the ini fields, the problem would be to adapt any downstream code that needs to use that cluster. All that code would need to be scripted too.

I still think that creating a MAP (key=string, value=string) would be quite flexible. You can easily look up any value based on key, and even define what should happen if the key is not found.

0 Kudos
Message 11 of 15
(257 Views)

So, what I need to do is save a bunch of information (1D array, 2D array, string, double, integer) in to a file and then load that information back into the software.
And these arrays are dynamic, they can have one, two, or more than a hundred rows

So, I'm trying to put all the entries of these values in a "parent cluster" and save that cluster in a file

0 Kudos
Message 12 of 15
(246 Views)

@leandrofeder wrote:

So, what I need to do is save a bunch of information (1D array, 2D array, string, double, integer) in to a file and then load that information back into the software.
And these arrays are dynamic, they can have one, two, or more than a hundred rows

So, I'm trying to put all the entries of these values in a "parent cluster" and save that cluster in a file

The size of arrays are irrelevant. Are you trying to have dynamic datatypes on the fly, or is the data cluster fixed? If it's the latter, my posted ini-handler works well, it it's the former, good luck.

G# - Award winning reference based OOP for LV, for free! - Qestit VIPM GitHub

Qestit Systems
Certified-LabVIEW-Developer
0 Kudos
Message 13 of 15
(242 Views)

The size of the cluster is limited, and within that cluster I have the different types of data (2D array, 1D array, string, double, integer)

What can increase is the number of rows and columns of the arrays that are inside the cluster

The cluster doesn't grow dynamically

0 Kudos
Message 14 of 15
(240 Views)

@leandrofeder wrote:

The size of the cluster is limited, and within that cluster I have the different types of data (2D array, 1D array, string, double, integer)
What can increase is the number of rows and columns of the arrays that are inside the cluster

The cluster doesn't grow dynamically

Then my tool should handle it just fine, as long as you have labels on the elements (it uses them as keys in the ini-file).

G# - Award winning reference based OOP for LV, for free! - Qestit VIPM GitHub

Qestit Systems
Certified-LabVIEW-Developer
0 Kudos
Message 15 of 15
(232 Views)