From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to control other exe(user interface) using LabVIEW

Dear All,

I have one 3rd party exe file. i want to write data on UI and controls button of 3rd party exe(user interface) using LabVIEW. 

In that exe i want to write serial no and part no. After writ

ing data i have to press one control button in same exe. 

So please guide me how can i write data and press control button on that exe. using LabVIEW. 

for reference i attached image of 3rd party exe(UI) 

Thank You

Capture.PNG

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(807 Views)

Hi Amit,

@amit01 wrote:

So please guide me how can i write data and press control button on that exe. using LabVIEW. 

You can use the SysExec function to control even more 3rd party software like AutoIt to finally manipulate your other 3rd party application…

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(792 Views)

With the help of SysExec function i am able to call the exe. but i don't know to write serial number and part number on that exe using labview. 

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(752 Views)

Read GerdW's response carefully.  What you really want to run is not your LabVIEW Executable, but a program such as "AutoIT" (use GerdW's link, or simply do a Web Search for "AutoIT") which provides you with a method to allow, say, a LabVIEW program to "Fill in the blanks" and "push buttons" on a third Executable (here, the LabVIEW program you want to "control").

I had a student who did this -- I'd never heard of AutoIT until he told me about it.  I'm pleased to say he got his PhD ...

Bob Schor

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(748 Views)