LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to communicate between to PCs through USB?

Hi, 

In my application, i need to communicate between two PCs (Personal Computer) through USB by making one PC as Host and another PC

as Slave. How can i do this using LabVIEW application? Please suggest a way for doing this.

Regards,

Padmavathi .B

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(3,013 Views)

study this thread for a start.

post if any specific help required

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(3,000 Views)

Hi,

My query is related to communication between two personal computers but not along PIC.

I want to communicate with two Personal Computers through USB interface.

How can i do this?

Regards,

Padmavathi.B

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(2,984 Views)

Plug a USB/RS-232 converter into each pc. Connect with null modem serial cable. Use VISA Reads and Writes. Plug a USB NIC into each pc. Connect with crossover Ethernet cable. Use VISA Reads and Writes or TCP/IP Reads and Writes. Both of these options are inexpensive and easy to code. I don't think you can get away with just a USB cable between the two but that's not a LabVIEW issue. You might want to check the information at www.usb.org.

Message 4 of 6
(2,922 Views)

Hi,

I am using an embedded micro-controller application which is acting as a USB host. I want to know how to use PC (Personal Computer) as USB slave to demonstrate my Host application.

What I am looking for is, what ever the data that is transmitting from USB host should be displayed on the PC through USB.

Regards,

Padmavathi .B

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(2,896 Views)

You can't connect a host to a host and simply define one of them as a slave.

Host and slave is hardware-determined with USB.  This will not work.

There is such a thing as USB-on-the-go where a device can act as host or slave depending on the context but I've never heard of a PC USB controller adhering to this standard.

Shane.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(2,861 Views)