From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to communicate between to PCs through USB?

Hi, 

In my application, i need to communicate between two PCs (Personal Computer) through USB by making one PC as Host and another PC

as Slave. How can i do this using LabVIEW application? Please suggest a way for doing this.

Regards,

Padmavathi .B

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(3,046 Views)

study this thread for a start.

post if any specific help required

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(3,033 Views)

Hi,

My query is related to communication between two personal computers but not along PIC.

I want to communicate with two Personal Computers through USB interface.

How can i do this?

Regards,

Padmavathi.B

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(3,017 Views)

Plug a USB/RS-232 converter into each pc. Connect with null modem serial cable. Use VISA Reads and Writes. Plug a USB NIC into each pc. Connect with crossover Ethernet cable. Use VISA Reads and Writes or TCP/IP Reads and Writes. Both of these options are inexpensive and easy to code. I don't think you can get away with just a USB cable between the two but that's not a LabVIEW issue. You might want to check the information at www.usb.org.

Message 4 of 6
(2,955 Views)

Hi,

I am using an embedded micro-controller application which is acting as a USB host. I want to know how to use PC (Personal Computer) as USB slave to demonstrate my Host application.

What I am looking for is, what ever the data that is transmitting from USB host should be displayed on the PC through USB.

Regards,

Padmavathi .B

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(2,929 Views)

You can't connect a host to a host and simply define one of them as a slave.

Host and slave is hardware-determined with USB.  This will not work.

There is such a thing as USB-on-the-go where a device can act as host or slave depending on the context but I've never heard of a PC USB controller adhering to this standard.

Shane.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(2,894 Views)