cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to combine two instruments in one software

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi everyone,

I'm absolutely new to LabVIEW, so apologies if my question sounds super silly to more experienced people here! 

I'd like my software to control a delay stage that is commanded by a separate control box (Conex) and a virtual power meter. I'd like the delay stage to stop at specific positions and the power meter to simply measure the power at a specific point and plot it. I have two software parts, but I'm not sure how to combine them into one- could anyone please help me combine them into one? I'd really appreciate your help! I'm using LabVIEW 2014. 

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,099 Views)
Solution
Accepted by asiahughes

Hi there,

You could either call one as a subVI from the other, or call them both as subVIs from a top-level VI. The virtual power meter VI looks pretty simple, so you can probably call that from Conex Controller easily, just drag and drop it onto the block diagram and wire up the inputs / outputs. If you want to create a list of coordinates for the stage to visit, you can create a new VI which just makes use of the relevant portions of Conex Controller (like Absolute Move.vi), rather than stitching more onto what you have already.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(2,084 Views)