LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to close & exit the Switch Soft Front Panel from LabVIEW?

I m using the Ni Switch SFP seperately for switching on/off relays in my board. Now I wish to integrate this EXE into my main application. I can successfully invoke the EXE by using the Sys Exec function (with Wait until completion=True). The probelm is the Switch SFP does not exit when the Window close button is clicked; it just stops like a VI. We need to again click the Window close button to exit it.

So, how to go about this? Is there any workaround? Please see the attached snapshots.

Also, is there any way to invoke & bring an EXE into a Subpanel control that is present inside a Tab? My application demand is in such a way that I need to seamlessly integrate this EXE into the main GUI, so that the user feels it is an integral part of the main application. Smiley Wink

- Partha ( CLD until Oct 2024 🙂 )
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 33
(4,048 Views)

Partha,

I think you forgot to attach the snapshots.

Just curious to know, does the NI switch SFP exits while clicking the windows clsoe button when you run it as a stand alone application? 

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 33
(4,035 Views)

Sorry, please find them here.

Even if you try to Exit thro' its menu, the result is the same; it stops but doesnt exit.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 33
(4,031 Views)

Vsh wrote:

Just curious to know, does the NI switch SFP exits while clicking the windows clsoe button when you run it as a stand alone application? 

No.Smiley Mad  This is the problem with it.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 33
(4,028 Views)

Hi Partha,

I use LV8.5 and I gave the following command in command line input

C:\Program Files\IVI\Drivers\niSwitch\NI-SWITCH_Soft_Front_Panel.exe

Everything works properly. when I exit SFP by clicking the windows close button!

But the calling vi stops no matter the status of wait until completion is true or false.

Edit- Aha  :smileyvery-happy: there you go. problem with SFP. BTW wht command line did you use?

Message Edited by Vsh on 11-19-2009 04:50 AM
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 33
(4,019 Views)

C:\Program Files\National Instruments\NI-DAQ\Switch\SoftFrontPanel\Switch_Soft_Front_Panel.exe - this is the command line I used to invoke NI Switch SFP.

Vsh wrote:

I use LV8.5 and I gave the following command in command line input

C:\Program Files\IVI\Drivers\niSwitch\NI-SWITCH_Soft_Front_Panel.exe

BTW, I dont have this folder at all in the hierarchy. All I have is IVI Foundation under Program Files.

Like this - C:\Program Files\IVI Foundation\IVI\Drivers\iviswtch\...

LV 8.5.1 under WinXP, Ni Switch SFP 1.5.0.49152

Message Edited by parthabe on 11-19-2009 05:02 AM
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 33
(4,013 Views)

Partha,

May I ask, why do you want to do it like this anyway? What is the advantage using the SEP panel as opposed to writing a VI in LabVIEW that can look close to that panel and do the same thing?

Richard

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 33
(4,002 Views)

Broken Arrow wrote:

What is the advantage using the SEP panel as opposed to writing a VI in LabVIEW that can look close to that panel and do the same thing?

This was going to be my next question, since I know it maybe a circuitours way to play with the EXE to make it behave like as I want to. Smiley Happy

Can you give me some intial ideas of which VIs that I need to look into to switch on multiple relays at a time? I browsed thro' the NI Switch pallette but could not understand much on the first attempt. Moreover, I feel that some VIs are missing in it. Because the pallette is available only in Measurement I/O pallette.

Can you help me out in this regard?

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 33
(3,956 Views)

Partha,

See attached (in LV 2009). This is how I do it with the IVI stuff. You can also (instead of) set relays as if they were digital outputs using DAQmx.

This example is for a different card, but you'll get the idea.

Richard

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 33
(3,923 Views)

Broken Arrow,

Could you down convert your vi to 8.5 and post again? 

Message 10 of 33
(3,900 Views)