From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to change raster graphics to vector using labview?

Hi, I have been tasked with making an vi that can change raster graphics to a vector one and then generate audio signal on 2 channels, and they would be displayed on a xy graph. Thanks for any ideas how to start with this problem.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(990 Views)

You're going to need to provide much more detail than that. Raster images could mean anything (checkerboard or photo), and what kind of audio do you want to generate? A beep or an orchestra?

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(970 Views)

@dadamus wrote:

Hi, I have been tasked with making an vi that can change raster graphics to a vector one and then generate audio signal on 2 channels, and they would be displayed on a xy graph. Thanks for any ideas how to start with this problem.

Is this an open assignment (e.g. artistic) or is there some scientific point to it.

Changing raster graphics to vectors can be very, very hard. Try finding a program to do that, then estimate how long that took to make... It could be fairly easy though. It all depends on the scope.

Generating audio seems like a completely separate problem. Or should the audio be based on the vectors. Do tell us how if so, it's pretty relevant.

It all sounds very laser show-ish to me... (Image>vector>sound>mirrors>image)

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(948 Views)

Yeah, i am currently waiting on a response from my professor so he would clarify what was he thinking when he gave me this task.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(938 Views)