LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to change front panel indicator properties such as background color or enable/disable programmatically?

Is it possible to change the properties of a front panel indicator such as background color or to change from enabled to disabled-grayed out programatically in response to limit conditions or a time-out?
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 11
(4,732 Views)
you have to use the "property node" : in the diagram window, go on the indicator righr click and chose "create property node" in the menu.

There, you will find all the options the change whatever you want.
Have fun.

Cheers.

Doc-Doc
Doc-Doc
http://www.machinevision.ch
http://visionindustrielle.ch
Please take time to rate this answer
Message 2 of 11
(4,733 Views)
Trag wrote in message news:<5065000000080000005EFF0000-1079395200000@exchange.ni.com>...
> How to change front panel indicator properties such as background
> color or enable/disable programmatically?
>
> Is it possible to change the properties of a front panel indicator
> such as background color or to change from enabled to disabled-grayed
> out programatically in response to limit conditions or a time-out?

Right click, then select Create -> Property Node.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 11
(4,732 Views)
Thanks, I had forgotten about how to add property nodes. Do indicators have a property node for background color? I can't seem to find one.

Trag
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 11
(4,732 Views)
Is this what you are looking for?

You can also change the color of the label & caption, etc...
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 11
(4,571 Views)
I am a neubie to LabVIEW. I have been programming this week only (5 days). I also was trying to modify the 'Disabled' property of a digital numeric indicator. I did know how to create a property node and set it to 1, Disabled, but the indicator continues to change its value after being disabled. Is this the expected behaviour? I am just trying to freeze a reading from an analog input once a digital input goes high.
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 11
(4,662 Views)
"Disabled" means that the control/indicator will not respond to a user operation. However, the displayed data can still change. What you want to do can be easily achieved using a case structure : wire your boolean to the case input, and put your indicator in the "True" case condition. That way, it will be updated only when the digital input is set to true.

CC
Chilly Charly    (aka CC)
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 11
(4,653 Views)
That is expected behavior. The disabled property does not stop the program from writing to an indicator. It only prevents a user from modifying it. To do what you want, use a shift register/feeback node. The attached picture uses a random number generator to simulate your analog input and a Boolean to simulate the digital input.
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 11
(4,653 Views)
What did you do to create the arrow pointing back to the data input of the Select function?  I've looked through some of the function categories where I think it would be, but I cant seem to find it.
0 Kudos
Message 9 of 11
(4,507 Views)

It's called a Feedback Node and it can be found in the Structures palette.

It has the same function as a shift register, with some differences.

(4,497 Views)