LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do you create a continous time stamp for different waveforms?

Hello, I am having some issues w/ the captureing of data. Below is attached a sample generation of a signal that will be read in. We are trying to read this signal in but with a continous time stamp. This is a necessity as we will need to limit the time range to perform calculations.
The problem we are facing is how would you create the ending waveform with a running time stamp?
We can use the "Get Waveform Components" subvi to get the Y value for the resulting waveform and we have tried to use the sample rate to create the time domain but everything we have been trying hasn't worked just quite right.

We have also tried to write the Y value to a spreadsheet and then generate a file for the time values (x value) then plot but it hasnt work as of yet either...

Any ideas?
If you need clarification, please let me know.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,366 Views)
well i found this previous post but unfortunately it is about 2 yrs old and I doubt the original code is still available
http://forums.ni.com/ni/board/message?board.id=170&message.id=105151&query.id=83146#M105151

anyone know how he is "streaming the data to disk as chunks of waveform" and how he is reading the individual files?

I am quite new to LV and am using version 7.1

Thanks in advance again
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(2,355 Views)
Search the LV examples for one called Continuous Acquisition - Streaming to Disk.vi.

Mike...

Certified Professional Instructor
Certified LabVIEW Architect
LabVIEW Champion

"... after all, He's not a tame lion..."

For help with grief and grieving.
Message 3 of 3
(2,342 Views)