From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I set the time axis on my waveform chart to show run time i.e each time i start the program i should have 0 as my starting point

Solved!
Go to solution

How do I set the time axis on my waveform chart to show run time i.e each time i start the program i should have 0 as my starting point. I've been messing around with the without success. I'm running Labview 2012.

Thank you!

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(2,922 Views)

In the Chart properties set the X-axis type to float. Then when you execute the code wire an empty array to the HistoryData property.

-----

The best solution is the one you find it by yourself
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(2,917 Views)

I can't seem to figure out what you mean. I have no formal training with labview. It's taken me a long time to write the simple program I've attached. Any further guidance would be greatly appreciated!

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(2,906 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author townes

@townes wrote:

I can't seem to figure out what you mean. I have no formal training with labview. It's taken me a long time to write the simple program I've attached. Any further guidance would be greatly appreciated!

Its pretty normal for a newbie taking time to write code. Right click the Waveform chart>Create> Property node>History Data, you will get a property node, keep that at the start of the code and create a constant. You can also go to the VI properties and>Execution and select "Clear Indicators when called".

I would recommend you to go through LabVIEW basic materials which will give you an understanding about the basics concepts/components of LabVIEW.

-----

The best solution is the one you find it by yourself
Message 4 of 5
(2,892 Views)

I will definately make the time to go through the basic materials. Thank you for yuor help!

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(2,886 Views)