LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can i train OCR characters through labview

Solved!
Go to solution
Hi, I want to make one user interface in labview for training characters for OCR application. I want to know how i can do this.
PBP
Labview 6.1 - 2019
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 25
(10,099 Views)
prashantpatel21,

You may want to search the forums there are many documents that deal with Optical Character Recognition (OCR) and training.  If you are planning on using the Vision addon I would take a look here:  http://sine.ni.com/devzone/cda/epd/p/id/547

Regards,

SS 

Message Edited by ShotSimon on 05-16-2008 04:21 PM

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 25
(10,087 Views)
Hi prashantpatel21,
As ShotSimon recommended, we have the NI Vision Development Module (VDM). VDM contains lots of VIs and tools for image processing and machine vision applications, including OCR. It has an OCR training application found in Start » Programs » National Instruments » Vision » OCR Training. If you want to perform a similar task in LabVIEW using the VIs from the VDM, you could use the OCR Train VI to do this. For more info on the theory behind our software, the NI Vision Concepts Manual has an entire chapter (Chapter 18) on OCR implementation using VDM.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 25
(10,046 Views)
Hello, i am attaching my code for OCR training user interface for your reference please check it and give me some guidence.
PBP
Labview 6.1 - 2019
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 25
(10,037 Views)
Hi prashantpatel21,
The OCR Train interface only expects 1 character at a time. You are giving it an index of 0 and only calling it once even if you have multiple characters selected in your ROI, so only the first character (such as the U) is getting added to the character list.. I think you need to put OCR Train within a for loop instead and have it loop the same number of times as threshold-detected characters, but I haven't figured out a way to determine how many characters (blocks) the OCR Train VI is actually detecting.
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 25
(10,008 Views)
thanking you very much
PBP
Labview 6.1 - 2019
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 25
(9,998 Views)
Thanking you sir,
i got solution from your last reply. But i am having one another problem that i am unable to delete teached charcter from charcterset file.

PBP
Labview 6.1 - 2019
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 25
(9,989 Views)
I believe the issue is that you are deleting the character, but you are not writing the set back to file within the case structure before reading the set from file again. If you look at the case where you add a character to the set, you see that you write it out again before you leave the case structure and read it again. I've attached a diagram to show what I mean, although I don't know exactly how you're handling your index control anymore since you got your character insertion code fixed.

When you get that working, would you mind posting your code again for the benefit of others? The code you've developed so far is pretty cool.

Message Edited by VGA CD-ROM on 05-22-2008 10:38 AM
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 25
(9,968 Views)
Thanking you, My problem is solved.If you want code give me your mail id i will send on that id.
PBP
Labview 6.1 - 2019
0 Kudos
Message 9 of 25
(9,936 Views)

Hello,

Could you please post the code? 

Thank you

-------
Fadi
0 Kudos
Message 10 of 25