LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can I control or send data to a Borland C++ application from a LabView program

How can I  control or send data to a Borland C++ application from a LabView program

I need to sent data to a borland c++ application from labview program. Is it possible. I mean I need to syncronize my C++ application from labview program.
Sincirely,
Umit 
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(2,885 Views)

Hi,

You can try to use ActiveX or dll's!

BR, Christian

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 7
(2,870 Views)
If it is possible, a sample code will be great for me.
Best Regards,

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
(2,863 Views)

Hi umitc,

There are some very good examples on how to do this in the LabVIEW example finder.  My personal favorite would be Call DLL.vi.  Hope that helps.

Brian K.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 7
(2,837 Views)

Hi,

Thank you very much for your help.

I tried the example and I wrote such a dll but when I try to use the same dll in a VS C++ project and a labview project, te dll uses different memory location. When I sent a value to dll and when I try to see it in my vs C++ application, I could not see the values. How can I communicate with my VS C++ and labview project. The dll must use the same memory location for my aim.

Best ragards,

Umit

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7
(2,820 Views)

Hi umit,

I am a little confused about what you are saying. 

1)  Do you have exported functions that LabVIEW can call?

2)  Are you receiving an error?

3)  How does your DLL differ from the example?

Brian K.
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 7
(2,805 Views)

@umitcelik1984 wrote:

Hi,

Thank you very much for your help.

I tried the example and I wrote such a dll but when I try to use the same dll in a VS C++ project and a labview project, te dll uses different memory location. When I sent a value to dll and when I try to see it in my vs C++ application, I could not see the values. How can I communicate with my VS C++ and labview project. The dll must use the same memory location for my aim.

Best ragards,

Umit

As you have already seen, LabVIEW and VC++ running in their own process.   The memory space is not shared between process.

What you need is Inter-Process Communication.  Call Dll.vi alone is not going to slove your problem.

If you are a good C/C++ programmer, search MSDN site for Inter-Process Communication.  There are a few choices.

You have to impliment one of those method in a dll, so you can call the dll in LabVIEW.

George Zou

http://gtoolbox.yeah.net

George Zou
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7
(2,795 Views)