LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How Come The graph freeze when another popup vi is over it's chart!???

Hello every one, hope you fine!

I'm using a chart to plot some data, by its history, on a graph.
The chart front panel is unnecessary to show,so on the front panel the cahrt display is in back of the rest of the displayed graphs and controllers. But when I open a sub vi as a  popup and drag the popup over the charts position under the controllers, the graph freezes!?
Can any body tell me why. I can ofcourse drag the chart (in the back ground) to the middel of the graph, like this the user can't place the popup over the graph, or he'll not see the plottet data on the graph.
But some how i'm currious!!
Thanks
Zamzam   
HFZ
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,487 Views)

If your subvi is inside the same loop as your plotting chart, then the vi will  not be plotting data until the sub vi is finished executing. You have a couple of options: I would recommend placing the subvi inside an event structure inside a second loop, so when the subvi is called, the main (or plotting loop) is not affected.

Let me know if this helps.

Message 2 of 4
(2,480 Views)
All property nodes execute in the User Interface thread.

Dialogs execute in the User interface thread.

The User Interface thread is single threaded.

As long as the dialog is active it blocks anything else that runs in that thear as long as it is active.

Ben
Retired Senior Automation Systems Architect with Data Science Automation LabVIEW Champion Knight of NI and Prepper LinkedIn Profile YouTube Channel
Message 3 of 4
(2,467 Views)
Thanks ben and jamie,
My application is big now that I almost can't change that much in it. But now I understand why it happens. Tanks.
zamzam
HFZ
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,445 Views)