LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help with school project

Hi. I'm new to LabView and so I need help with the solution for my project. It's a basic fire hazard system. The project might be ridiculous but my teacher said it's fine. I just need help with the program. PLEASE!

1) Initialization

2) Check temperature sensor

3) If the temperature is less than or equal to 70 degrees Celsius, it will continue to check the temperature sensor. 

4) If temperature is more than 70 degrees Celsius, fire alarm will activate.

5) After fire alarm activates, it will check the water sensor. 

6) If water is UNAVAILABLE, send HIGH ALERT message to fire station.

7) If water is AVAILABLE, send message to fire station and continue to check temperature sensor. 

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(1,127 Views)

Show us what you've done and where you get stuck.

G# - Award winning reference based OOP for LV, for free! - Qestit VIPM GitHub

Qestit Systems
Certified-LabVIEW-Developer
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(1,119 Views)

Read up on using a State Machine.  It looks like you already listed out your states.

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
Message 3 of 5
(1,086 Views)

So I have no idea what I'm doing. Please help me. I'm trying to do the "Check Temperature Sensor" state. How the program works is in my original post.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(1,041 Views)

1. Move your Temperature Sensor control to be inside of the case structure.  This way you are constantly reading it.

2. You need to use a comparison node to decide if the temperature is greater than 70 to decide which state to go to next.

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(1,030 Views)