LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help with completion of Accelerometer and Heel force VI please

Hi,

Attached is a Flow Chart of my project to whoever is interested, GerdW or Justin.

Kind Regards,

Mark

0 Kudos
Message 41 of 50
(674 Views)

Hi all,

Hopefully one of you can of you can chime in and help me. Maybe Justin of GerdW if they are still around. 

It has been strongly suggest that I make a different detector as opposed to the simple LED one I have in place now. One which reads the timing and the increase in the graphs and then display it on a graph of when a sit to stand is first detected, i.e when there is a reading from the 3 graphs. 

Attached is a photo of a rough sketch of what is expected and the latest version of my VI. Any help is sincerely and hugely appreciated. To repeat, unfortunately, I am lost. This will be finished by Wednesday if any of you guys are wondering.

Kind Regards,

Mark

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 42 of 50
(656 Views)

Hi all,

Bump. Any suggestions? Should I just graph what comes out of the comparison express VI's before they are connected to the LED and just display them graphs?. All suggestions are welcome and greatly appreciated.

Kind Regards,

Mark.

0 Kudos
Message 43 of 50
(638 Views)

Hi all,

Another post and another VI being added. This one contains two extra waveform graphs with square waves showing where the graphs engage the threshold (I know the Express VI's used are a bit of an overkill but bare with me please). I am just staring at my VI at this stage not knowing what to do next or where to go with it to produce what is in the photograph.

If anyone has the patience to look and help me out I would appreciate it hugely.

Kind Regards,

Mark.

0 Kudos
Message 44 of 50
(620 Views)

Hi all,

I think I might screenshot the attached VI and put it on a poster. I know GerdW and I discussed a better version of this because this VI I have attached does not run so smoothly but it is mainly for aesthetic reasons. Still no luck in developing a detection VI. Still open to suggestions from anyone. Thank you all in advance.

Kind Regards,

Mark

0 Kudos
Message 45 of 50
(608 Views)

Hi,

I think I may have made a baby step forward with the Waveform graph in the middle of the VI, this will be added to the main VI when I have completed it. Sorry for it being so messy but I thought I would put it up here straight away. 

Kind Regards,

Mark.

0 Kudos
Message 46 of 50
(599 Views)

Hello all,

To whoever is still following this thread here is my final VI attached. I more than likely wont be making any changes to it anymore. Thank you all sincerely for your help. I will update after I present.

Kind Regards,

Mark.

0 Kudos
Message 47 of 50
(584 Views)

BUMP

Actually can I get a few of you guys to have a quick look over it and give me a critiquing please?

Kind Regards

Mark.

0 Kudos
Message 48 of 50
(575 Views)

Mark,

I looked at your VI and offer the following comments:

1. The for loops which generate the arrays of 1000 points in steps of 0.01 are identical. Eliminate one and wire the output of the other to both Bundle nodes.

2. Consider replacing those for loops with the Ramp Pattern.vi from the Signal Processing >> Signal Generation palette.

3. Those arrays never change. Generate them one time outside the loop and wire the result into the loop.

4. Avoid the use of controls/indicators with empty labels. It makes it much harder to determine what is what on the BD. If you do not want the labels shown on the FP, you can uncheck the Label item in the Visible items menu.

5. Avoid the use of Express VIs when standard LV primitves and functions will do. This gets rid of the Dynamic Data Type which obscures the data and makes the diagram much more readable (no need to open a dialog to find out what the Express VI does. The images below show your VI above and my modification below.

with Express.png

with LV function.png

6. Try to keep panels to the size of one screen. Scrolling around to see what is going on can be confusing to users. Tab controls and subpanels can be useful for grouping indicators/controls in a logial and easy to see manner.

I have attached my modifications. I did very little testing so some of the things I changed may not fucntion exactly as your originals.

Lynn

Message 49 of 50
(564 Views)

Hi Lynn,

Thank you so much. I will report back to you tomorrow it's late right now and I just saw this. Genuinely, thank you for taking time out to respond.

Kind Regards,

Mark.

0 Kudos
Message 50 of 50
(557 Views)