LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help with completion of Accelerometer and Heel force VI please

Hi Mark,

besides learning LabVIEW you should also learn the basics on creating sine waves the way you want them…

What is the purpose of setting the "Phase" input to 360 degree? Isn't this the same as 0 degree?

When you want just the rising part of half a sine wave you need a quarter of a period, not half a period…

Suggestion:

Heel Force attempt.png

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
Message 31 of 50
(671 Views)

Hi GerdW,

Thank you for making the VI that is extremely helpful, however, I'm a bit embarrassed to say even though I tried to recreate your VI I couldn't get the results you did. I have attached a word document with my screenshot of the VI.

The idea behind using the XY graph was to accommodate the timing I need to show as it represent the timing of a Sit to Stand movement and as you can see by the waveform graph the x-axis is going to up 300 on the "time"

Kind Regards,

Mark

0 Kudos
Message 32 of 50
(668 Views)

Hi Mark,

please attach real pictures or - even better - VIs than any proprietary file format!

Don't have any MS office software installed here…

Best regards,
GerdW

0 Kudos
Message 33 of 50
(662 Views)

Hi GerdW,

No problem at all. Here is the VI attached.

Kind Regards,

Mark

0 Kudos
Message 34 of 50
(660 Views)

Hi Mark,

the BuildArray in my example produces an 1D array output while your BuildArray creates a 2D array.

Why is it so? When reading the context help for that function you should note that too…

Best regards,
GerdW

0 Kudos
Message 35 of 50
(653 Views)

Hi GerdW,

I see what you're saying and I selected Concatenate inputs and it solved the issue there. 

What would you suggest about the timing issue?. In my sketch in my initial post in this thread I showed that I need to have a line at a level which shows the Force has leveled off when the person is stand and the level is higher than what it was while sitting. My best guess is that I initialize another array and add it to the build array or will I add it in after the build array?

Kind Regards,

Mark.

0 Kudos
Message 36 of 50
(649 Views)

Hi Mark,

the timing part is provided by the number of array elements (aka samples). When playing the waveform each samples takes it time which is defined by the "dt" in the waveform datatype.

So: more samples take longer to play…

Best regards,
GerdW

0 Kudos
Message 37 of 50
(643 Views)

Hi GerdW,

I implemented what I thought might be a good Idea, attached is the result. Thank you for your help thus far you've been great. Do you think this is a good representation?

Kind Regards,

Mark

0 Kudos
Message 38 of 50
(639 Views)

Hi Mark,

why do you use InsertIntoArray when you could use the already existing Buildarray node?

check.png

Now would be a good point to start giving your controls meaningful names! Using "samples" and "dimension size" again and again will lead to confusion later on…

Best regards,
GerdW

0 Kudos
Message 39 of 50
(632 Views)

Hi GerdW,

I Kudos one of your posts because it was a huge help in getting me this far. What would be the next step would you recommend? Is the Sit to Stand detector I have in place adequate, that is when I alter the Heel Force graph to what I have now but is the principle good?

Kind Regards,

Mark

0 Kudos
Message 40 of 50
(626 Views)