LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help with completion of Accelerometer and Heel force VI please

Hi mbrolly,

"still having trouble" isn't a good error description. What exactly makes you trouble? Where are you stucked?

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
0 Kudos
Message 21 of 50
(670 Views)

Hi GerdW,

Apologies about the crude description. I am having the following problems:

-When I alter the "Force" on the Heel Force Graph the line extends in both directions and the Sine wave grows. This not my desired affect how could I get the line to just rise in one direction?

-At the peak of the Sine wave on the Heel Force Graph I would like to have a flat line for a second which could be adjustable but I'm am unsure how to do this?

-I created a simple way of detecting when the threshold of the Trunk Tilt and the Heel Force have been reached in it shows a light, do you think I should include the EMG signal in this, however I dont think It would work well.

-Any other suggestions/recommendations are welcome.

Please find attached my latest version of the VI

Kind Regards,

Mark.

0 Kudos
Message 22 of 50
(659 Views)

Hi mbrolly,

you still do a lot of things with too much code!

- Appending data to the end of an array is done with BuildArray, no need for InsertIntoArray and ArraySize…

- Creating a ramp from 0.01 to 10 is easily done by RampPattern…

- Using the simple SinePattern function would avoid that horrible DynamicDatatype…

- Using an ExpressVI for such simple things like "Less" or "Greater" is kind of giant overkill…

When you want more details in your signals you have to create them with even more parts: a "sine wave with a flat top" is the same as "half a sine + flat line + half a sine". The more complicated your signal the more parts you need to append…

Best regards,
GerdW

0 Kudos
Message 23 of 50
(654 Views)

Hi GerdW,

Sorry if the code is crude/sloppy I'm still new to LabVIEW and I'm getting use to it still. I'm just struggling to get this done on a short time period. I used the express VI's for the sake of saving time for the greater/less than, I intend to go back and tidy the VI up once I have an end result.

Would I use an array to create the flat line?

Kind Regards,

Mark.

0 Kudos
Message 24 of 50
(644 Views)

Hi Mark,

yes, an array would do the trick…

Best regards,
GerdW

0 Kudos
Message 25 of 50
(627 Views)

Hi GerdW, 

I'm very lost at the moment I have tried adding the build array function to the two sine patterns but I'm having trouble with now producing it on a graph (after I added the array) and when I had just the two sine patterns on the graph it didn't represent anything close to what I'm looking for. Thank you for your continued patience sir.

Kind Regards,

Mark.

0 Kudos
Message 26 of 50
(620 Views)

Hi Mark,

what's the point in adding just the BuildArray function?

What's the point in plotting a sine wave vs another sine wave on a XY graph? I thought you want to create just one waveform to display it on a "standard" waveform graph?

You want to create a waveform consisting of several parts with different "shape": do so by concatenating the parts!

You want to plot a waveform on a graph: do so!

Best regards,
GerdW

0 Kudos
Message 27 of 50
(610 Views)

Hi GerdW,

The idea behind the Build array function was to create a line at the top of the 1st sine wave.

I thought by what I was doing on my block diagram I would concatening the 1st sine wave the array and the 2nd sine wave.

I'm using the XY graph because it worked well for the Trunk Tilt VI. Am I completely off by what I have done?

Kind Regards,

Mark.

0 Kudos
Message 28 of 50
(607 Views)

Hi Mark,

yes, you're completely off.

How should including just a BuildArray introduce a "line" in your plot?

Why should BundleCluster concatenate your waveforms?

I strongly suggest to go through all those free online LV courses offered by NI to get the basics!

Best regards,
GerdW

0 Kudos
Message 29 of 50
(604 Views)

Hi GerdW,

Apologies for the crude code, I have an updated VI for the Heel Force element. The changes made are what I think you are suggesting. Again, apologies if it is way off from what you are saying. I have completed some of the tutorials and I'm just trying to work towards getting this finished.

Thanks for your patience.

Kind Regards,

Mark.

0 Kudos
Message 30 of 50
(599 Views)