Our online shopping is experiencing intermittent service disruptions.

Support teams are actively working on the resolution.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help designing a simulation of a 'Tank Level Control System'

Thanks for the reply, I tried that, but that just shows the current level of the tank.

0 Kudos
Message 11 of 22
(3,434 Views)

Wrong Add.vi.  Use the output of the one to the left (I think there were only two).  It is adding the two booleans (converted to floats) so the output is always 0, 1 or 2.

LabVIEW Pro Dev & Measurement Studio Pro (VS Pro) 2019 - Unfortunately now moving back to C#, .NET, Python due to forced change to subscription model by NI. 8^{
0 Kudos
Message 12 of 22
(3,423 Views)

The "untitled" vi with the state machine doesn't really have the pumps fill the tank. It only turns on the LEDs for the pumps and instead of drawing out a random number for the outflow it adds a random number for the inflow. Attached is a LabVIEW 8 version of the vi I posted earlier, with a few modifications. It does not use the nice elegant state machine formulation, but I thought that it would be easier for a LabVIEW beginner to understand because the logic is all laid out linearly. The pump capacities can be changed individually  and the inflows, outflow and net change  are shown on indicators. I also fixed the behavior of pump 2 to stay on until the tank is full.

All other changes/modifications/additions are left as an exercise to the reader.

Richard

Message 13 of 22
(3,417 Views)

Ahh, I see why I am confused. You are referring to Richard2950's vi where as I am using Raven Fan's. I am messing around this his to try to figure out how to do that but I can seem to figure it out

0 Kudos
Message 14 of 22
(3,415 Views)

Ahh, you're right.  Sorry about the confusion.  This is also very easy... see attached mod.

EDIT:  BTW, have you looked at the shipping examples.  Check out Tank Simulation.vi.  There are many others, some that need toolkits, but all are very instructive.

LabVIEW Pro Dev & Measurement Studio Pro (VS Pro) 2019 - Unfortunately now moving back to C#, .NET, Python due to forced change to subscription model by NI. 8^{
0 Kudos
Message 15 of 22
(3,407 Views)

Could you please resave that as a version 9.0 vi if you dont mind. I dont have the latest Smiley Mad

0 Kudos
Message 16 of 22
(3,400 Views)

Oh yeah.  Here you go...

0 Kudos
Message 17 of 22
(3,398 Views)

Lol.. I feel like a pest bugging you, but it says it is still a newer version(10.0)

0 Kudos
Message 18 of 22
(3,394 Views)

Try this...

Just in case:

Pump.PNG

Message 19 of 22
(3,387 Views)

Thank you. That works perfect, so simple but couldnt figure it out..

0 Kudos
Message 20 of 22
(3,383 Views)