LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help: Standalone application does not run (Error #-10007), but development application does

I'm hoping that someone can tell me what I'm doing wrong. I'm using LabView 6.1 together with NI-DAQ v6.9.2 to build an application that generates different voltages on the output channels of a PCI-6704 card. Everything works fine in my development environment. I then use the application builder to create a standalone application. I include the LabView Run-Time Engine in the installer. However, when I install the application on the target machine and try to run it, I get Error # -10007 at AO Group Config.vi. (My application uses the AO Write One Update vi.)

If I install LabView 6.1 on the target machine and copy over all my VI's to the machine, they run as expected.

Can anyo
ne shed some light on what I may be doing wrong?
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,486 Views)
Hi Roger

I don't see in your question if you've installed NI-DAQ- It's important to know that you have to install all needed drivers separately on your target machine. In your case you have to install NI-DAQ on your target machine too and configure the board.The drivers are not automatically included into the installer.
If you're doing an custom installation of LV on your target machine, than NI-DAQ will be installed too. You should be able to run than your executable. (If you've LV still installed on the target, than you can try this out!)

Luca P.
Regards,
Luca
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(2,486 Views)
Thanks for the response. Actually, the problem seems to be because I did something wrong. When I installed NI-DAQ and configured the output channels, I used symbolic names for the channel numbers. Unfortunately, for 1 of the channels, I used the name "+6V Supply Voltage". This did not seem to matter while I was in the development environment, but the compiled executable didn't like it at all. I changed the name to "Supply Voltage", and everything now seems to be OK.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,486 Views)
Thanks for the response. Actually, the problem seems to be because I did something wrong. When I installed NI-DAQ and configured the output channels, I used symbolic names for the channel numbers. Unfortunately, for 1 of the channels, I used the name "+6V Supply Voltage". This did not seem to matter while I was in the development environment, but the compiled executable didn't like it at all. I changed the name to "Supply Voltage", and everything now seems to be OK.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,486 Views)