LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hello,please help

Hi everybody, im asked to do a simple voice changer from man to woman in Labview.

now i made the audio file.wav and read it in the labview, but im not sure how can i change the frequency of this sound so i get higher or lower pitch.

can someone please provide some help??

thx

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(1,199 Views)

So tell me.  Technically, what does a change in pitch represent?  That will give you a hint.

Bill
CLD
(Mid-Level minion.)
My support system ensures that I don't look totally incompetent.
Proud to say that I've progressed beyond knowing just enough to be dangerous. I now know enough to know that I have no clue about anything at all.
Humble author of the CLAD Nugget.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 7
(1,184 Views)

brother,i think u misunderstood me

its just very simple circuit,where i will change voice frequency of already exist audio file, so it sounds like woman or baby, so i just need to change the frequency, i just dont know the algorithm to do it, if u could help

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
(1,171 Views)

Have you ever heard a recording (particularly of a voice) that is played faster?  Yes, the sound frequency is higher, but also thespeakersuddenlyistalkingalotfaster, while if you play is slower, the sound frequency is lower, and eevveerryy wwoorrdd iiss ssttrreettcchheedd oouutt iinn ttiimmee.  If you want to change frequency of the sound without changing the time sequence of the modulation of the frequency (which is where most of the "information" of the sound, particularly speech, is contained), you have to do a lot of sophisticated processing.  Given that you don't realize this, I'd say that you are a few years of learning about signals and signal theory away from accomplishing this.

Bob Schor

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 7
(1,140 Views)

@Bob_Schor wrote:

Have you ever heard a recording (particularly of a voice) that is played faster?  Yes, the sound frequency is higher, but also thespeakersuddenlyistalkingalotfaster, while if you play is slower, the sound frequency is lower, and eevveerryy wwoorrdd iiss ssttrreettcchheedd oouutt iinn ttiimmee.  If you want to change frequency of the sound without changing the time sequence of the modulation of the frequency (which is where most of the "information" of the sound, particularly speech, is contained), you have to do a lot of sophisticated processing.  Given that you don't realize this, I'd say that you are a few years of learning about signals and signal theory away from accomplishing this.

Bob Schor

I'm thinking this is a school project and all they want to do is change the pitch, and not transpose.  Probably they don't care if it's faster or slower.  That's why I'm just trying to give hints.

Bill
CLD
(Mid-Level minion.)
My support system ensures that I don't look totally incompetent.
Proud to say that I've progressed beyond knowing just enough to be dangerous. I now know enough to know that I have no clue about anything at all.
Humble author of the CLAD Nugget.
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7
(1,127 Views)

Here's something that might give you some ideas...

Back before cheap DSP chips were available, pitch shifting on the fly was done using an analog delay line. By clocking samples out of the delay faster or slower than they were clocked in the pitch could be shifted higher or lower.

Think about how to do that with your WAV file.

I have to add that there is more to "voice changing" than pitch shifting.

You also have to consider the Timbre, specially when trying "gender change" a voice.

========================
=== Engineer Ambiguously ===
========================
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 7
(1,122 Views)

@J1reN wrote:

its just very simple circuit,where i will change voice frequency of already exist audio file, so it sounds like woman or baby, so i just need to change the frequency, i just dont know the algorithm to do it, if u could help

Be careful with terminology. LabVIEW has nothing to do with "circuits" (electric/electronic hardware or hardware simulation), it is just a dataflow based programming language where the diagram is the code..

So you only want to change the frequency, not the speed. Seems simple enough. What have you tried? Have you searched the web? How much do you know about FFTs, etc.

Note that measuring frequency requires data from a suitable windowed time duration (a single time point is insufficient), but your processing needs to occur in the frequency domain, .i.e. after a suitable transform and back). You should find all you need in the signal processing palette. Do you also have the advanced signal processing toolkit (JTFA, wavelets, etc.).

I would start with some simple simulated waveforms and go from there. You can include your sound file once things are worked out.

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7
(1,103 Views)