LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graph configuration scales

Hi virtman,

you already create a report in your subVI: wouldn't it be easier to create a Word report and manipulate the image to the needed size in the report?

I don't think you need to use EXT datatype in your calculations, the default DBL should be fine here.

All your calculations depend on the DPI of your printer - as already pointed out (plus additional scaling/margin/whatever settings): so you need such a factor in your "calcul" subVI anyway. (I would use that constant only once and more wires to avoid having to edit several items in one VI…)

What's the purpose of that sequence structure in "calcul"? It's just Rube-Goldberg!

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
0 Kudos
Message 11 of 22
(1,052 Views)

Hi GerdW,

I totally agree with you that i dont need such EXT datatype but the goal of my project is to create something independent i mean that, my application

in the end should be able to print the graph with the correct size  using the front panel only ! Hope i could have some help

Thank you. Best Regards

0 Kudos
Message 12 of 22
(1,046 Views)

Hello every one,

I am using LBView 2012 i have an issue in fact i need to print a graph and to change the scale of the image my resolution is 1920*1080 of my screen and the format of the paper is about 120*60 cm, i am wondering if i can scaled my image at a know value 300 DPI for example, but i am not sure if i could get the image and control it to set the resolution

-2ndlly if have the time as a unit on my x label, how to scale it in order to have  for example 1 milliseconds per 1 cm once graph printed  

Finally is it possible to make a code that allows to know the resolution value of the image

Thank you !

0 Kudos
Message 13 of 22
(1,034 Views)

Thanks for posting your solution!

Please mark your answer as the solution ('accept as solution' button), so everyone know this is solved.

0 Kudos
Message 14 of 22
(1,024 Views)

Hello Wiebe,

Actually it is questions not answers sorry for the missunderstanding

Thanks again for your help

0 Kudos
Message 15 of 22
(1,000 Views)

>Finally is it possible to make a code that allows to know the resolution value of the image

I though that was your end goal...

Perhaps you can clarify your remaining questions?

0 Kudos
Message 16 of 22
(1,002 Views)

i would like to print a graph with real sizes so

my question is that, if have the time as a unit on my x label, how to scale my graph it in order to have  for example 1 milliseconds match 1 cm on paper

and is it possible to make a code that allows me to know the resolution value of the image ?

Thanks. Regards

0 Kudos
Message 17 of 22
(999 Views)

Hello KNIGHT OF NI,

hope you could help me, actually i would like to use a VI that will alows me to  print a graph with a real size 

but i could not make it could you help please

Thank you

0 Kudos
Message 18 of 22
(999 Views)

Hello,

I would like to create a command that control the size of a waveform graph ( samething for images ) in order to print it later with correct sizes.

I am not sure if we need to use the DPI of the printer so that we could have the correct sizes

Remarque

I tried that formula that allows us to pass from mm into pixels by multiplying the desired width by PPI of my screen wich is 102 PPI / 25,4 mm but this formula did not work with me i did not get the right size of my graph.

I tried another method wich is dividing the desired value by the pixel pitch of my screen ( size of one pixel) , but it did not work well ! pixel pitch = physical screen width / 1920 pixels width (1920 *1080 resolution of my screen)

I have an A0 as a paper format and i would like to implement one method that it will be applied for all screens!

My goal is to apply this method in order to have a correct sizes without using pdf or word report, Thank you !

0 Kudos
Message 19 of 22
(980 Views)

Hi virtman,

please keep discussion in one place. No need to hijack old threads and to create double posts!

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
0 Kudos
Message 20 of 22
(966 Views)