LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Got XP? Try this for me

I have a compiled app that programmatically hides a couple of pages on a tab control. In NT4 and runtime mode the pages were not hiding on one machine (same code - very similar machines).

The person with the problem machine got a new XP machine, same problem. I got a new XP machine, same problem. Wrote this demo program. It works in both development and runtime environments on my NT4 box and a W2K box will not work compiled on XP box. (dev not tested in XP)

Both EXE and VI attached. Your help in determining if it works on your system would be appreciated as well as any ideas if it doesn't

Thanx,
Spaz
Download All
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(2,566 Views)
I don't know what's going on with the .exe attachment. Save it to disk then rename it with the .exe extension and it will work.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(2,566 Views)
I ran this on an XP machine here and it worked fine. The VI opened fine in the development environment and I was able to run it. When I downloaded the executable, I had to add the .exe extension to it for some reason, but after I did that, it ran fine alo. What errors are you receiving when you try to run it?
J.R. Allen
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(2,566 Views)
I concur - no problems on XP Home or XP Pro... What sort of video card have you got?

Copyright © 2004-2023 Christopher G. Relf. Some Rights Reserved. This posting is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 2.5 License.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(2,566 Views)
Thanx for your time guys, I was out for a couple of days...

No errors are indicated. The pages simply do not hide. Which is a good thing I guess, because I noticed today that they don't show either. The example you ran was compiled on a NT box with only pages 1 and 8 showing after the last time it ran on my development PC. This was also after the last time I ran an earlier compiled test on the XP machine (which doesn't have DEV). So when I ran the .exe today on the XP box, the for loop that shows all the pages at the start did not show any pages besides the default 1 and 8. Then the toggles would not turn them off or the others on. The error indicator is only wired to the PageVis property write and it is always no error, the last page hidden/sh
own indicator always shows the number of the last toggle thrown and the PageVis property read always shows false. The Pages property inside the True case is redundant to the first one but this was done as a precaution to ensure that the references are not disconnected at the entrance to the for loop as is (was?) the case with dynamically created datasocket references

So essentially the control acts as it is statically configured with no effect from show/hide property whatsoever. Moderately annoying, but not the end of the world. All faulty operation was observed in runtime mode on 3 of 5 boxes (2 Dell P4's/2GHZ with XP and 1 Compaq P2-450Mhz with NT 4.0 But the other Compaq (Dev computer... it figures), set up the same, works OK as well as on a Compaq laptop.

Guess I'll load the development system on my new XP box today and see what happens. Guess I'll try 6.1 too. I've been trying to avoid both 6.1 and XP for as long as possible...

Thanx again.
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(2,566 Views)
Good luck!

Copyright © 2004-2023 Christopher G. Relf. Some Rights Reserved. This posting is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 2.5 License.
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(2,566 Views)