LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Getting previous version installers

I own 2021 version of labview and was issued a new computer at work. I went to download and reinstall but NI wont let me download an installer for my version of labview because I dont have a subscription. 

Is NI really forcing me to get a subscription for a version I already own? I dont need the newer versions.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 8
(758 Views)

As far as I know, yes they are. NI hasn't exactly been "consumer friendly" on this point lately. Many people around here are very frustrated with the new subscription model.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 8
(747 Views)

@lumonic wrote:

I own 2021 version of labview and was issued a new computer at work. I went to download and reinstall but NI wont let me download an installer for my version of labview because I dont have a subscription. 

Is NI really forcing me to get a subscription for a version I already own? I dont need the newer versions.

You can install any package from NIPM without an issue about active SSP. Almost all installers released in the past couple of years are available on NIPM.

Santhosh
Soliton Technologies

New to the forum? Please read community guidelines and how to ask smart questions

Only two ways to appreciate someone who spent their free time to reply/answer your question - give them Kudos or mark their reply as the answer/solution.

Finding it hard to source NI hardware? Try NI Trading Post
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 8
(715 Views)

From NIPM I can install any version starting from 2019. I don't know if there are official ways to download older versions without an SSP subscription.

Basjong53_0-1685082878514.png

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 8
(698 Views)

As suggested by other folks, You can use NIPM for downloading pervious LabVIEW Versions.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Palanivel Thiruvenkadam | பழனிவேல் திருவெங்கடம்
LabVIEW™ Champion |Certified LabVIEW™ Architect |Certified TestStand Developer

Kidlin's Law -If you can write the problem down clearly then the matter is half solved.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 8
(671 Views)

Dang, is the NIPM method new? I distinctly remember there being a fuss a year or two ago about people not being able to download old versions without an SSP.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 8
(644 Views)

Thanks. I downloaded the package manager yesterday hoping I would’ve able to download through that but with the new laptop I also lost admin privileges and the it guy was gone so I couldn’t even install that. 

This subscription idea is terrible. There is not enough internal labview development to justify needing yearly updates to begin with. I was using 2014 until 2021 when Win 10 broke some hardware functionality. 

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 8
(631 Views)

Unfortunately I can't edit my last post, but I'm pretty sure I figured out my mixup- apparently, it's old versions *beyond* what you can get in NIPM that require an SSP. For example, you'd need an SSP to get version 8.2... unless someone else on here can correct me 🙂

@lumonic wrote:

There is not enough internal labview development to justify needing yearly updates to begin with. I was using 2014 until 2021 when Win 10 broke some hardware functionality. 

[puts on tinfoil hat] I suspect this is a big reason WHY they went to a forced subscription. Very few new features means very few people upgrading to the newest version of LabVIEW, meaning relatively lower income. For an optimistic take, this would mean that any new feature development would require enough of a business case for that new feature alone to entice enough upgrade purchases to make it worthwhile. With the subscription model, everyone pays every year anyway so they can afford more continual development. Fingers crossed, I guess.

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 8
(628 Views)