cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Generating pulse from external trigger using a USB-6343

Solved!
Go to solution

Hello everyone,

I'd like to use an external signal ( trig out of a nanosecond laser ) as a starting trig to generate a 5V square signal using a USB-6343. So far I can generate 1 signal using the code joined, but I'm missing something on how to generate 1 Pulse for every single trig from the laser.

I even tryed to put the start and stop task inside the while loop, but the run time of the loop being slowest than the frequency of the laser, I'm missing some pulse..

If anyone have informations or tips, I'll be very grateful.

Thanks!

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(246 Views)

Have you tried using the Voltage - Continuous Input that comes with NI DAQmx...

Id suggest using Digital Start tab and then select as Source the pin where you connect External Source

LFBaute_0-1711632926423.png

CLA, CTA
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(239 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author n.fagnon

You only need to add a DAQmx Trigger property node where you can configure your task to be "Retriggerable".   You probably should also wire your "low time" value to the "initial delay" terminal when you create your task.

-Kevin P

CAUTION! New LabVIEW adopters -- it's too late for me, but you *can* save yourself. The new subscription policy for LabVIEW puts NI's hand in your wallet for the rest of your working life. Are you sure you're *that* dedicated to LabVIEW? (Summary of my reasons in this post, part of a voluminous thread of mostly complaints starting here).
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(234 Views)

Thanks a lot, as simple as the property node sound, it does exactly what I was missing.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(213 Views)