From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Flash Leds

Hello,

I want to control the on / off of 3 leds.

led 1  led 2   led 3

on      off       off

off      on       off

off      off       on

Then repeat this sequence from a slow start and ramp up to say 3hz over say 20 seconds and then stay at that level untill stopped

Can anyone advise how this might be done ?   I would then like to use this to try and control a 3 ph stepper motor.

I am using Version 8.0 if any body can give me some example code to work on.

Labtech5555

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 10
(3,145 Views)

Try something like this, perhaps? Just plug in your desired numbers.

Message Edited by altenbach on 02-06-2009 12:19 PM
Message 2 of 10
(3,133 Views)

Hi Altenbach,

Thanks thats exactly what i am trying to do..Perfect.

Just to take things a little further i would like to plot the three led digital signals 0 or 1 ( True or False) seperately on a graph.

I have tried using digital waveform but as usual i always have major ploblems with data types and converting

or matching up data types for each Vi.

For this example the output from the array is a 1D Array of boolean (true or false).The Vi DWDT Boolean array to digital uses a 2D array.

Checked out the examples but still don't see how to make it work for this example.Tried converting boolean to 1 or 0 and using other graphing

Vi's  but still there is a data mis-match.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Labtech5555

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 10
(3,101 Views)

Since the points are not equally spaced in X, you would typically need an xy graph.

Another option would be to run a chart in a parallel loop at regular intervals and read the data via a local variable. See attach example.

Message 4 of 10
(3,082 Views)

Hi Altenbach,

The program below works exactly as planned but i want to modify to get another 3 combinations.Can you help for this combination of flashing Leds ?

I can't quite get it working..

I want to control the on / off of 3 leds for the 6 states below:

led 1  led 2   led 3

on      off       off

on      on       off

off      on       off

off      on       on

off      off       on

on      off       on

Then repeat

Thanks,

Labtech5555

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 10
(3,000 Views)

You can create an array constant containing all of your combinations in order and iterate through them.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 10
(2,987 Views)

Hi Ravens Fan,

Thanks for the solution it works as requested.

The problem i have is i have based the original code on a larger program i have written to control real Leds through a DIO card.

The original code was a 1D Array and i could feed this more or less directly to the card without any problems.The code you have

given me uses a 2D Array and i can't feed this directly to the card in the same way without changing alot of the other code i have.

I get an error with data types.

Is there another solution you can think of that uses a 1D Array or is there a way to convert the 2D data ?  

Labtech5555

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 10
(2,953 Views)

It's always a risk that when you start adding new requirements that you didn't originally plan for, you'll be forced to modify more code than you intended.Smiley Wink

Notice that I am only sending a 1-D array of the booleans to the indicator.  I'm using index array to get out a particular state of booleans (1-D array coming from 2-D array) on any give loop iteration.  I'm not saying you should be sending a 2D array directly to a card.

I can't comment on how you should handle it because I haven't seen our your program architecture is working now.

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 10
(2,944 Views)

From the Index Array output i am taking a wire to Boolean Array to Number ........from this output i can send this to my DIO Card

which outputs this as a Byte to the card output bits 0,1,2.

Unfortunately with this new version using the 2D array this set of wires brings up an error due to a data mismatch.

Thanks for your help.

Labtech5555

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 10
(2,924 Views)

As I said, there is nothing I can comment on unless I see your code.

Preferably the VI itself and not just a screen shot so I can play with it.

Message Edited by Ravens Fan on 03-03-2009 04:49 PM
0 Kudos
Message 10 of 10
(2,920 Views)