I am new to LabVIEW FPGA. Now I would like to use PXIe-7820 and PXIe-5171 FPGA.
I've installed LabVIEW FPGA module and the driver needed (as far as I know).
However, when I create a new project, add a new target or device at "My Computer", it doesn't show anything but an empty "R Series" folder. I believe I miss some drivers or screw up installation flow. May someone give me some idea?
Platform and software/driver installed
Win 10 1809 64bit
1. Install LabVIEW 2018 f2 64bit
2. Install DAQmx 19.1 and some modular instrument drivers including NI scope 19.0
3. Install LabVIEW FPGA 2018 64bit (I didn't install FPGA module before DAQmx driver because I had been using LabVIEW without FPGA for a period of time)
4. Install R Series Multifunction RIO 19.1
5. Install Reconfigurable Oscilloscopes 19.1 (including 5164/5170 device support)
At this time, I encountered the problem.
6. I re-install NI DAQmx 19.1 to see if it helps; but the problem is still there.
1. Cannot see new FPGA target or device (I don't have 7820/5717 on my hand, so I cannot try "existing target or device)
2. LabVIEW example finder does have some LabVIEW FPGA examples
Questions_MAX: screen shot of LabVIEW project and software installed shown in NI MAX
Questions_LV_Example: screen shot of LabVIEW FPGA example VIs displayed in example finder
Solved! Go to Solution.
Hi Vincent, I guess a root cause is LabVIEW 64bit.
And there are large limitation.
Thank you. I guess I need 32bit LV and FPGA module.