From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Event Structure Causes Warning, but Warning List is Empty

I've been experiencing a strange behavior in LabVIEW 17.0f2. I have a few UI VIs with event structures within them to handle button clicks, updating fields due to change in other fields etc. Here's a simple example in which the user can change a few text and numeric fields stored in the class:

empty_warning_1.png

The odd thing is that these VIs cause LabVIEW to light up the yellow warning exclamation, and clicking on that one provides an empty warnings list:

empty_warning_2.png

I have already tried to copy and paste diagrams that cause these errors into empty VIs, and making new VIs from scratch, but they end up the same. And the only thing they have in common is that they're all from the same class, and all have an event structure within them.

So, does someone have any idea what these warnings are warning about, and how to solve the issue?

Thanks in advance!

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(2,463 Views)

Can not speak to the warning that are not listed but VI Anayzer may tell you what it thinks could be fixed.

Ben

Retired Senior Automation Systems Architect with Data Science Automation LabVIEW Champion Knight of NI and Prepper LinkedIn Profile YouTube Channel
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(2,419 Views)

@Ben wrote:

Can not speak to the warning that are not listed but VI Analyzer may tell you what it thinks could be fixed.

I had tried that already a few. It gave me a few suggestions on how to improve the VIs but nothing that solved the empty warning to go away.

One thing that did happen in the last few days though was LabVIEW crashing and failing to compile the code due to messed up propagation of changes to typedefs and class objects, but I fixed those and the code compiles and runs normally. No idea whether the two things are related too.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(2,409 Views)

@alexgieg wrote:

@Ben wrote:

Can not speak to the warning that are not listed but VI Analyzer may tell you what it thinks could be fixed.

I had tried that already a few. It gave me a few suggestions on how to improve the VIs but nothing that solved the empty warning to go away.

One thing that did happen in the last few days though was LabVIEW crashing and failing to compile the code due to messed up propagation of changes to typedefs and class objects, but I fixed those and the code compiles and runs normally. No idea whether the two things are related too.

If you are using source code control...

revert to prior to the crash and see if you still have the warnings.

But as it stands now... you may be looking at a bug and to get a bug fixed we need an example that they can work to fix. How small can you make your example and still get the warning?

Ben

Retired Senior Automation Systems Architect with Data Science Automation LabVIEW Champion Knight of NI and Prepper LinkedIn Profile YouTube Channel
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(2,402 Views)

You can try deleting different sections of the code to see what LabVIEW doesn't like. You might want to start by removing the class accessors. I've had some strange errors where the accessor output on the property node doesn't match the method which led to an error like this.

Matt J | National Instruments | CLA
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(2,388 Views)