LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Even when I right-click, the labview menu does not appear.

In other Vis, the property menu pops up when i right-click, but when i run this vi, the property menu doesn't pop up even when you right-click.
I would appreciate it if you could tell me what is the cause.

It was resolved by initializing the graph.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(589 Views)

Hi Kwon,

@RevolutionKwon wrote:

In other Vis, the property menu pops up when i right-click, but when i run this vi, the property menu doesn't pop up even when you right-click.
I would appreciate it if you could tell me what is the cause.

I cannot tell you the cause, but some observation:

For me LabVIEW also doesn't show any menu in the IDE (like the list of events in your event structure).

But I noticed LabVIEW starts to burn a CPU core as soon as your VI is in memory, even with all those missing subVIs: it seems LabVIEW is busy with some important stuff, caused by your VI. This may influence the UI handling… (My best guess: there is a problem in your graph indicators. Graphs easily get "corrupt", the best bet often is to replace them with a new/fresh graph.)

Solution: pull an older version of your VI from your source code repository where this error does not occur!

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(554 Views)

I opened it to see if a forced recompile would help, but opening the VI completely froze LV for 5 minutes, so I had to kill it. 

I have done a lot of graph-work and actually never had one become corrupt in this way, so I was intrigued to see if I could learn anything. But... no thanks. 

Certified LabVIEW Architect
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(533 Views)

The problem might be with all these overlapping items grouped on the front panel. I was able to get all right-click menus working just fine after having it sit for a while.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(497 Views)