LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error -383201 explanation

Hello, I am brand new to LabView. I am creating a very simple model where a simulink model in integrated through VeriStand API. While running the model I am getting the following message

Model Interface Toolkit: The reference to the model is invalid. Ensure you pass a valid model reference to this VI

Error -383201 occurred at Model_Example.vi

Appreciate any help to understand this error

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(2,732 Views)

Usually when a new LabVIEW Programmer gets an error in running their LabVIEW code, it is because there is an error in their code.  On rare occasions, just knowing about the error is enough to say something like "Oh, you forgot to wire the such-and-such function", but the more common issue is to tell you to please attach the VI (or VIs) that you are trying to run so we can see what you are doing, try running the code ourselves, ask more questions (like "What are you really trying to do?"), and make useful comments (rather than simply "guessing").

Bob Schor

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(2,664 Views)

Hi Bob,

Attached is the VI, dll and the accompanying mdl I am using the generate the dll. All I am trying to do is add 3 numbers and write out the output. 

Thank you for looking into this

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(2,650 Views)

Apparently I am not able to attach an .slx file. Here is screen shot of the Simulink model from which the dll is generated

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(2,648 Views)

@pk68 wrote:

Apparently I am not able to attach an .slx file.

Combine all your files into a single zip file and attach that.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(2,642 Views)

Thanks. Attached is the zip file

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(2,632 Views)