LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error -2146827284 When Attempting to Open Excel Workbook

Using LabView 6.0 and OfficeXP's Excel... I am receiving an activex error: -2146827284 when I try to programatically open an excel workbook.  The thing is, this is after I have previously opened and closed another workbook via activex.  I searched about this error on the forums, and while there were a few entries there were no hard solutions posted.  Please help.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(6,159 Views)
check file path and make sure it is correct, also make sure you are not sending data to a location that has not been allocated yet. A simple snapshot of your code would be much helpful.

-Joe

p.s. make sure you closed the Excel instance completely. Use "Ctrl+Alt+Del" to check if another instance of Excel is in memory.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(6,155 Views)
Thanks for the help that fixed my problem for the initial error, but I still get the same error when I am writing a U16 2-D array to a range of cells. This is strange because the same code is used elsewhere and does not throw the error, but the data type is instead a Dbl 2-D array.  Unfortunately, I am unable to post the code.  It is on a stand-alone classified pc.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(6,141 Views)
I had similar problem before. convert the U16 to DBL and then write it. You can format the cells in Excel with or without decimal points.

-Joe
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(6,133 Views)