LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Epsillon (electrochemistry) .DAT want to output plot of data

Solved!
Go to solution

I'm using Epsillon electrochemistry hardware.  The output is a .DAT file (which can be read as text in notepad).  I want to know if anyone can help me to have LabView read the desired .DAT, take the 2 columns of data and output a plot.  This would be extremely helpful.  I've searched for dat help in the forums, I don't need the file to be converted to excel then back out again since I have the two columns I need.  Any help would be greatly appreciated. 

Thank You

Since the file doesn't upload for the extension, I've uploaded it here.

http://www.qfpost.com/file/d?g=dagfbieV7

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 16
(3,049 Views)

If the file is indeed just ASCII (can be read in notepad) you can read it in with the normal Read Text File VIs.  The extension is just there to tell Windows what program to associate it with.  An text file is a text file whether the extension is *.txt, *.csv, *.dat, or *.lkjagfyglkfhhgy.

<EDIT> If you want to get numbers out in an array, you can use the Read Spreadsheet File function.  The same rules apply as above.

Chris
Certified LabVIEW Architect
Certified TestStand Architect
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 16
(3,045 Views)

I have the read spreadhsheet file function going on, I can see my values but i can't get it to the graph, I keep getting the source is 2-D sink is 1-D.  I have attached my file

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 16
(3,036 Views)

Try a waveform chart instead of an XY graph.

Chris
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 16
(3,029 Views)

Goodness, I really just can't get this going on.  I keep getting now that the sink is 4 elements for the waveform where the source is 2 elements. 

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 16
(3,023 Views)

So I've changed the output to a text file, its tab delimited but I'm still having trouble converting it to a graph x and y with column 1 and column 2 in the data.  can anyone help me out?

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 16
(3,005 Views)

First, go to Help and turn on Context Help. Move your mouse over the XY Graph. That will show you how to connect an X array and a Y array to it.

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 16
(3,001 Views)

This is what I see and I already reported seeing.  I see the values are read in the front panel though. 

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 16
(2,996 Views)

Tried hooking this up to a graph, but was unsucessful.  I have an index array to get both values out, and then go into a bundle, but now the only thing i think i need is the plot function but that wasn't working either.

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 16
(2,986 Views)

What kind of plot function are you using and why?

You should be able to send that output directly to a waveform graph.

Chris
0 Kudos
Message 10 of 16
(2,981 Views)