From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Elapsed time

Solved!
Go to solution

Elapsed timer doesn't start from 0 when transitioning from idle state (start button) to close state after first transition.

Also, when trying to transition between open state and close state it locks up in the close state. 

Thanks

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(2,461 Views)

get rid of your while loops.....wire your elapsed timer "reset/time has elapsed" with a bool shift register. once the time has elapsed...transition to your next case using "select"

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(2,439 Views)

Sorry but I don't get it.

Shift registers on outer while loop ?

I put the elapsed timer in a while loop because there will be daq in parallel.  Maybe there is a better technique for that.

Do you know why the timer doesnt start at zero after first time through the loop.

Thanks

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(2,429 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author ggress1

@ggress1 wrote:

Sorry but I don't get it.

I put the elapsed timer in a while loop because there will be daq in parallel.  Maybe there is a better technique for that.

Do you know why the timer doesnt start at zero after first time through the loop.

Thanks

yes

Maybe there is a better technique for that....yea,just use one main loop for now

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(2,414 Views)

I need it to count elapsed time while in the closed state.  This method will only increment elapsed time on transitions between states.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(2,406 Views)

Ok got it....also technique is described below.

http://digital.ni.com/public.nsf/allkb/05A9C3B0A4D5A7638625712B006FB30F

Thanks !!!

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(2,396 Views)