From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ERROR -32 while creating an installer

Hello,

I am trying to create an installer so I can run an executable without the need of someone else using the executable to install the Run-Time Engine. I am using LabVIEW version 2016.

However I get the following error,

Click the link below to visit the Application Builder support page. Use the following information as a reference:
CDK_CreateNewWizard_Invoke.vi.ProxyCaller >> CDK_CreateNewWizard_Invoke.vi >> AB_CreateNewWizard_Invoke_CORE.vi >> AB_UI_FRAMEWORK.vi >> AB_UI_Frmwk_Installer.lvclass:Build.vi >> Installer.lvclass:Build_from_Wizard.vi >> IB_MSI.lvclass:Build.vi >> IB_MSI.lvclass:Engine_Build.vi >> NI_MDF.lvlib:MDFDistCopyList_CopyItem.vi

The following errors and warnings were recorded during the build:

Error:
Failed to copy a distribution.
Details:
Copying distribution 'NI General Security Patch Q2 2013 (KB 67L8K7QW)' from: \\dleesd.itg.ti.com\ESD\LABSTATION\NIDS2016DS2\Distributions\GSP\ to: C:\ProgramData\National Instruments\MDF\ProductCache\
Additional details:
Internal system error.
An internal system operation returned the error "The system cannot find the path specified.".
Code:

I have tried creating a project with a simple vi and that does not seem to work either.

Any guidance on this would be much appreciated.

Thank you,

Marlyn

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(3,185 Views)

That looks to be a rather strange location to copy the update from.  You may need a local copy of the update rather than a network location.  (Depends on your IT policies)

See this KB for guidance on how to upgrade deployed systems

And this utility  For installing the patch on deployed systems and your dev enviornment

"Should be" isn't "Is" -Jay
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 7
(3,179 Views)

Thank you for your quick response.

I tried both of those things, and it still does not seem to fix the error.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
(3,167 Views)

I am having the same problem. Were you able to find a solution?

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 7
(3,093 Views)

I am having a similar problem with building an installer in LabVIEW 14.0f1 (32-bit).

"Click the link below to visit the Application Builder support page. Use the following information as a reference:

CDK_Build_Invoke.vi.ProxyCaller >> CDK_Build_Invoke.vi >> CDK_Engine_Main.vi >> IB_MSI.lvclass:Build.vi >> IB_MSI.lvclass:Engine_Build.vi >> NI_MDF.lvlib:MDFDistCopyList_CopyItem.vi

The following errors and warnings were recorded during the build:

Error:
Failed to copy a distribution.
Details:
Copying distribution 'NI-VISA 16.0' from: C:\ProgramData\National Instruments\Update Service\Installers\NI_20170627_0839\Updates\NI-VISA 16.0 16.0.0.30\ to: C:\ProgramData\National Instruments\MDF\ProductCache\
Additional details:
Internal system error.
An internal system operation returned the error "The system cannot find the file specified.".
Code:
-32"

I have tried resetting the database for NI MAX, recompiling the exe (& confirmed it works), confirmed existence of NI-VISA 16.0 16.0.0.30, but my project is stalled.  Any ideas to try?

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7
(3,027 Views)

Anthony,

It may be beneficial to start a new thread for your question since this thread is a couple months old and may be related to the security patch. If you don't get an answer here, I think you will get more visibility on a separate post.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 7
(3,008 Views)

Thank for the suggestion.  I have done created a new post.

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7
(2,994 Views)