LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ECG Signal analysis

Hi guys,

For a little project of mine, I've been building my own ECG monitor with some people. My side of the project is to analyse the ECG signal that will come through the DAQ card and into labview! I'm currently trying to implement a way of measuring certain peaks and segments of the signal to be able to compare them and see if they are normal. I have already got the Beats per minute and heart rate, I just need to get values of the peaks and segments.

ecg 

That is what I'm going to be getting into Labview via DAQ and trying to sort out.

My question is, what would be the easiest way to get the values of the peaks and segments (as seen in the graph) to be able to compare to set values?

Thanks a lot guys,

Tom

Message 1 of 37
(15,314 Views)
Have you done a search on the forums on "ECG"?  This question comes up quite frequently.  I think you'll find numerous threads on this topic by searching.
Message 2 of 37
(15,430 Views)

I have had a search. The topics are all about how to get the ECG signal, im trying to process it. Basiclly thinking of it as a normal signal with peaks. Need to find a way of getting the details of the peaks so i can compare them to a set value (refer to original post).

Thanks for the quick reply! 🙂

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 37
(15,426 Views)
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 37
(15,390 Views)

I think the tip from rich_sills  is usefull for you. But if you do not have acsess to some of the filter toolkit you may find the peak/valley detection usefull. This function is not part of the base version. But it is part of the full or pro versions. You may also find the book  "Bioelectromagnetism - Principles and Applications of Bioelectric and Biomagnetic Fields" interesting. You will find this book online here http://www.bem.fi/book/  100% free and legalSmiley Very Happy

Message Edited by t06afre on 01-12-2009 12:07 PM

Besides which, my opinion is that Express VIs Carthage must be destroyed deleted
(Sorry no Labview "brag list" so far)
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 37
(15,382 Views)

rich_sills wrote:

Try these links:

LabVIEW for ECG Signal Processing

Where Can I find the ECG VI for LabVIEW

Rich

NI | UK

The thing is, is that i don't want to use a 'package' to do the work for me. I want to be able to do the work myself! Also those links shows it as a kind of report style where i want to just have a little guideance (i dont want to cheat) on how to be able to deteck peaks and intervals. Thanks though.

Also thank you for the book and peak/valley tips, ill look at that later.

Any other help? Thanks,

Tom

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 37
(15,379 Views)

Tomo8281 wrote

The thing is, is that i don't want to use a 'package' to do the work for me. I want to be able to do the work myself!

Good to see, because to often in this forum. I find postings from people not asking for help but rather a complete application. Something like this "I am a student, and my project is due in a few days, can someone please send me a complete application doing this....Smiley Very Happy"

Anyway I took a look at the this link posted  http://zone.ni.com/devzone/cda/tut/p/id/6626 by rich_sills. I think the ECG simulator may be usefull for you

good luck

Besides which, my opinion is that Express VIs Carthage must be destroyed deleted
(Sorry no Labview "brag list" so far)
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 37
(15,375 Views)

Hey guys,

Messing around in labview with the bio VI (thanks a bunch). Got a little unrelated ECG question!

Im trying to make a 'switch' but for 2 signals and one output so i can manualy select (on the GUI) which signal goes into the graphs and change from one input to the other. I can't for the life of me remeber what its called so i am having no luck searching for it on the forums or in Labview!

Does anyone know how to make it in labview? 

Signal 1 -------------------------------->|              |

|SWITCH|------------->signal i want (1 or 2)

Signal 2 -------------------------------->|              |

Thanks.

Tom

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 37
(15,339 Views)

Select function on the Comparison palette?

Message Edited by Ravens Fan on 01-12-2009 01:04 PM
0 Kudos
Message 9 of 37
(15,330 Views)

Right, im also trying to read and write the data i get from my ECG signal. For some reason, when i 'save' the file it is all 0s and when i try to 'read' it it gives an error saying Error 4 occurred at read from measurement file ->ecg.vi Labview: End of file encountered.

I just want to save the current data being read in and to display previous recordings on the graph. Where am i going wrong? Any hints? (vi attached)

Thanks a lot,

Tom

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 37
(15,324 Views)