From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Download to improve your LV 2009: "Apply Icon To VIs" button for Library Property dialog

Solved!
Go to solution

Users made a request on the LabVIEW Idea Exchange to add a button to the Library Property dialog that would apply the library icon to the member VIs without having to edit the library's icon. Rather than wait for the 2010 release of LabVIEW, you can have this now. Download the attached .zip file. Unzip it and place the files in this directory:

• labVIEW 2009\resource\Framework\Providers\VILibrary
overwriting the files that are there already.
Message 1 of 4
(3,771 Views)

Thanks AQ.

Perhaps you can answer a question?

I was poking around with some of the VIs in that directory (loading them, seeing if I could view the BD etc). Why do some of the VIs (for example libpropPage_2Protection_Settings.vi or libpropPage_3Documentation.vi) open with the dirty dot showing? Do I need to mass compile?

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(3,731 Views)
Solution
Accepted by AristosQueue (NI)

Hi AQ

Thanks for writing/posting this code (and for ThSa for pointing it out to me).

I have made it into a package to easily share it using VIPM (plus I can easily upgrade a new install of 2009 this way too).

It can be downloaded via LAVA CR

Cheers

-JG 

Certified LabVIEW Architect * LabVIEW Champion
Message 3 of 4
(3,407 Views)

nrp wrote: 

I was poking around with some of the VIs in that directory (loading them, seeing if I could view the BD etc). Why do some of the VIs (for example libpropPage_2Protection_Settings.vi or libpropPage_3Documentation.vi) open with the dirty dot showing? Do I need to mass compile?

No explanation. No dirty dots appear on my machine. Does a mass compile fix the problem? 

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(3,370 Views)