LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Displaying Bitmap with ActiveX

Hello,

I was trying to diplay Bitmaps, which I read from a oscilloscope. I am using a ActiveX container with the class _DlmgEdit (Wang Image Edit Control). This works just fine, but only once. When I read a new Bitmap from the scope and overwrite my temporary file from which I read the image, I always get the old picture. I have tried several things, but although the original file does not exist anymore, I can not read from a file with the same name, but new content. Hope someone can help.

Thanks in advance
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(2,448 Views)
Is the saving and reading done from LV or externally? What I'm getting at is - is it possible you're not rereading the new data from the file? If this doesn't help, I suggest you post your code here.

(2,444 Views)
I am reading the bitmap from the oscilloscope and write them to a temporary file via LV. I tried to display this file, but I found out that although I created a new file with the same name, it always displays the old one. Only restarting LV helps; then the updated image is shown. Using different names also helps. I solved this problem by giving a random file name and deleting this file after I have created an object from it. This is not an elegant solotion, but it works. Is there a possiblity of doing this more direct?

Message Edited by AWerner on 03-07-2005 09:14 AM

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(2,441 Views)
I will suggest again that you post your code.

(2,434 Views)
why are you using active x just to display a bmp file why do you not use the picture control. Here is an example.
If this does not I would also suggest that you post your code.

Joe.
"NOTHING IS EVER EASY"
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(2,427 Views)