LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dialog VI needs a banner

Solved!
Go to solution

I have a User dialog VI that needs a banner across the top in a large font. Is there a way to do this without a control or indicator? 

It would be great if I could make a silk screen and slap it across the page diagonally that says "No Production" but a simple banner at the top in red will do. The label in the decorations group is too small and seems to have no size/color adjustment properties.

Thanks,

jvh

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(2,651 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author jvh75021

Use a free label. Set the font, size and color from the Font menu in the tool bar.

Lynn

Free Label.png

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(2,639 Views)

Both the decorations label and free text on the front panel can be any size.  It's not limited to the font sizes you see in the toolbar.  You just have to select the text and do a cntl+=.  It will get as big as you want.  As far as making it diagonal and semi-transparent, I'm afraid I can't think of an easy way.

LabVIEW Pro Dev & Measurement Studio Pro (VS Pro) 2019 - Unfortunately now moving back to C#, .NET, Python due to forced change to subscription model by NI. 8^{
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(2,638 Views)

One option is to use something like PowerPoint to create some large red text at a 315 degree angle and save it as a PNG.  You can drag the PNG to the FP to make it a background image.  When you scale the FP and image to match, set the image to scale with pane.  Now you have a kind of watermark on your FP.

Banner.PNG

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(2,636 Views)

@johnsold wrote:

Use a free label. Set the font, size and color from the Font menu in the tool bar.

Lynn

thanks I was expecting a context menu option.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(2,623 Views)

@Darin.K wrote:

One option is to use something like PowerPoint to create some large red text at a 315 degree angle and save it as a PNG.  You can drag the PNG to the FP to make it a background image.  When you scale the FP and image to match, set the image to scale with pane.  Now you have a kind of watermark on your FP.

Banner.PNG

Very slick. Thanks.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(2,620 Views)