LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Deploying my LabVIEW installer with new build of labview to 10 machines in powershell

I have a labview project that has two separate LabVIEW vi's. One of the VI's is the main gui and the other is a VI that then runs some third party executables. Therefore I then make an installer by right clicking on the Build specifications > New > Installer to make my installer. I then build the entire project and right click on the item that has the pc with a disk named installer. 

luismoralesphysics_0-1660821418425.png

I have upgraded to LabVIEW 2022 Q3 and I need to update like 30 machines. I don't want to go to each machine and have to click on ALL the accepts terms and conditions. This takes far to long. Does anyone know how I can run the installation silently in the background on LabVIEW 2022? 

Do I have to use a different build process? By picking something else from the list?

luismoralesphysics_1-1660821675268.png

Has anyone found a solution to a similar problem? 

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(965 Views)

Hi  luismoralesphysics,

As I understand from your post these computers are connected via internal network.
I suggest you to write a script that will automatically install it.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(924 Views)

Your installer package has an associated ini file. I would suggest messing around with the ones and zeros until  you get the behaviour you desire.

The second part of actually executing the install package will require a remote script as Anasei suggested.

Frozen_0-1661260827404.png

---------------------------------------------
Certified LabVIEW Developer (CLD)
There are two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(909 Views)

Create Silent Installer for LabVIEW Executable and LabVIEW Run-Time Engine

https://knowledge.ni.com/KnowledgeArticleDetails?id=kA03q000000YIUlCAO&l=en-US

Message 4 of 4
(879 Views)