LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Deploying multiple application with single installer

Hi I have developed a project for a assembly line consisting of N stations, each station runs 1 exe. However, I wish to maintain a single installer for deploying all my exes. How can I create an Installer that will allow me to select from the list of exes to be deployed. 

For example, when we install labview it allows us to choose from a list of driver and installs only selected drivers, I intend to achieve something similar.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(411 Views)

While I am not familiar with it, I've heard of people using INNO SETUP. Seems to be very flexible.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(375 Views)

Linus, you are right that LabVIEW only allows you to create a single "product" installer. LabVIEW allows you to create an installer using the "Installer" build specification, which is an older NI installer technology, and create a package and optional installer using the "Package" build specification.

1) If you create your two installers using the "Package" build specification you could use NI Package Builder to create a new "suite" installer that includes the product packages from the two LabVIEW installers. The following KB gives you an idea of what NI Package Builder can do: How Can I Build a Custom Installer for Multiple NI Products? The option to look at is using the "Installer Product" option when adding packages to the installer.

2) Technically you could create your product packages directly in NI Package Builder instead of LabVIEW and then have NI Package Builder create the installer directly. However, when you do this NI Package Builder does not know how to automatically discover what dependent packages to include, so NI Package Builder requires you to manually configure any dependencies.

Scott Richardson
Message 3 of 3
(348 Views)