LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Creating a Sub VI

Hi I have created a sub VI - see attached file and image.

My problem is; if I remove the Boolean switches or the Boolean indicators, I can't create a sub vi on the front panel because the Booleans are removed and therefore unbale to assign the terminals for wire connections.

My question is: So is the a way to create the same (i.e. removing the Booleans) and use some kind of 'dummy' connection points so that I can still create a sub vi on the front panel?  

SR FF Sub VI.jpg

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 8
(2,932 Views)

@nkrajoo wrote:

Hi I have created a sub VI - see attached file and image.

My problem is; if I remove the Boolean switches or the Boolean indicators, I can't create a sub vi on the front panel because the Booleans are removed and therefore unbale to assign the terminals for wire connections.

My question is: So is the a way to create the same (i.e. removing the Booleans) and use some kind of 'dummy' connection points so that I can still create a sub vi on the front panel?  

You can create a sub vi without having the control and indicator from another vi. For instance if you have the piece of code as a part in a vi you can just select that and go to Edit> Create sub vi. This create a sub vi with a control and indicator automatically assigned to the connector pane.

-----

The best solution is the one you find it by yourself
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 8
(2,923 Views)

You can't create sub VI on front panel.

What you have created is a good subVI.

What really you want out of it?

May be you are forgetting to use 'Connector Plane'!

Regards,

Yogesh Redemptor

Regards,
Yogesh Redemptor
Message 3 of 8
(2,908 Views)

The controls and indicators are the inputs and outputs of the subVI.  Why would you want to get rid of them?  "Wire" them to the connector pane so you can use them.

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
Message 4 of 8
(2,885 Views)

What I want is: a FF in Sub VI so that I can use it for any purpose e.g. I may want to connect a logic gate, switch, etc to R & S and similarly Q & Q' to another logic gate, etc. If I leave a terminal without a wire, LabView should indicate the broken arrow and don't the program to run.

Rgds. NKR.  

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 8
(2,855 Views)

Hi NKR,

read the manual for things like "reentrant VI", "connector pane" and "setting connector terminals as required"...

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 8
(2,852 Views)

Attached is the solution for you.

Still I feel your requirement are not clear to all.

And try to catch the comments given by people.

Regards,

Yogesh Redemptor

Regards,
Yogesh Redemptor
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 8
(2,809 Views)

Regards,
Yogesh Redemptor
Download All
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 8